Principles of Speech Communication / Edition 12by Bruce E. Gronbeck
Pub. Date: 02/28/1995
A perennial bestseller, this text teaches people how to accomplish their goals, analyze situations, and propose courses of action while becoming better public speakers. It maintains its most successful features while incorporating the latest advances in speech-making techniques.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.42(w) x 9.12(h) x 0.57(d)
Table of Contents
I. PUBLIC SPEAKING AND CRITICAL LISTENING.
1. Responsible Speechmaking in an Age of Diversity.
2. Getting Started: Where Responsibility Begins.
3. Critical Listening for Responsible Speakers.
4. Public Speaking and Cultural Life.
II. PLANNING AND PREPARING YOUR SPEECH RESPONSIBILITY.
5. Understanding Your Audience.
6. Finding Supporting Materials.
7. Using Supporting Materials.
8. Organizing and Outlining Your Speech.
9. Beginning and Ending Your Speech.
III. RESPONSIBLE PRESENTATION.
10. Wording Your Speech.
11. Delivering Your Speech.
12. Using Visual Aids.
IV. TYPES OF PUBLIC SPEAKING.
13. Speeches to Inform.
14. Speeches to Persuade.
15. Argumentation and Critical Thinking.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >