Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX Examination / Edition 3by Linda A. LaCharity, Candice K. Kumagai, Barbara Bartz
Pub. Date: 12/16/2013
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
The only NCLEX review book on the market with a focus on prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment just like the current NCLEX Examination itself! Using a unique simple-to-complex approach, Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX® Examination, 3rd Editionestablishes your foundational knowledge in
The only NCLEX review book on the market with a focus on prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment just like the current NCLEX Examination itself! Using a unique simple-to-complex approach, Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX® Examination, 3rd Editionestablishes your foundational knowledge in management of care, then provides exercises of increasing difficulty to help you build confidence in your prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills.
"..certainly a great resource for use in any healthcare setting." Reviewed by Anne Duell on behalf of Nursing Times, September 2015
• UNIQUE! Emphasis on the NCLEX Examination’s management-of-care focus addresses the heavy emphasis on prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment in the current NCLEX Examination (17-23% of the 2013 NCLEX-RN Exam).
• UNIQUE! Three-part organization establishes foundational knowledge and then provides exercises of increasing difficulty to help you build confidence in your prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills.
• Answer key at the back of the book offers a detailed rationale and an indication of the focus of the question to encourage formative assessment.
• Introduction chapter by delegation expert Ruth Hansten provides guidelines for prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment decisions as well as a concise, practical foundation on which Parts 2 and 3 build.
• Part 2: Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment in Common Health Scenarios give you practice in applying the principles from Part 1 with straightforward NCLEX-style multiple-choice, multiple-select, ordering, and short-answer questions to help you develop and build confidence in prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills while working within the confines of relatively simple health scenarios.
• Part 3: Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment in Complex Health Scenarios utilizes unfolding cases that build on the skills learned in Part 2 to equip you to make sound decisions in realistic, complex health scenarios involving complicated health problems and/or challenging patient assignment decisions and help you learn to "think like nurses" by developing what Benner (2010) calls "clinical imagination."
• NEW! Fully interactive question functionality features optional online answer submission with automated scoring.
• NEW! The all-important QSEN initiative is addressed by:
• Introducing the QSEN initiative and QSEN competencies in Part I
• Including a new chapter focused primarily on safety and other "nursing fundamentals" issues
• Identifying corresponding QSEN competencies and Concepts for each question in the Answer Key in the Evolve Instructor Resources
• NEW! Faculty-only Unfolding Cases and Suggested Uses resource on Evolve facilitate classroom discussion, development of clinical reasoning skills, and learner evaluation, as well as tips for teaching with the book throughout the nursing curriculum.
• NEW! Safety and Infection Control chapter features an increased number of questions specific to the QSEN safety competency.
• NEW! Separate Diabetes Mellitus and Other Endocrine Problems chapters give greater emphasis to diabetes as requested in feedback on the previous edition.
• NEW! Pediatric Problems and Psychiatric-Mental Health Problems chapters expand on content formerly integrated into body systems chapters to provide you with a more thorough understanding of these key clinical areas.
• NEW! NCLEX chart-format questions include six patient "charts" in Case Study 6 (Home Health) to reflect the NCLEX Exam's chart-format questions.
• NEW! Design and navigation enhancements include page cross-references at the bottom of each page, quick-reference tabs on the answer key, and a new two- color design.
• NEW! Additional questions address the newborn, immunization, catheter-related infection, and ventilator-related infection.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.88(w) x 10.68(h) x 0.48(d)
Table of Contents
PART ONE: INTRODUCTION Guidelines for Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment Decisions PART TWO: PRIORITIZATION, DELEGATION, AND ASSIGNMENT IN COMMON HEALTH SCENARIOS 1.Pain 2.Cancer 3.Immunologic Problems 4.Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance Problems 5.Safety and Infection Control EXPANDED! 6.Respiratory Problems 7.Cardiovascular Problems 8.Hematologic Problems 9.Neurologic Problems 10.Visual and Auditory Problems 11.Musculoskeletal Problems 12.Gastrointestinal and Nutritional Problems 13.Diabetes Mellitus Now covered in a separate chapter! 14.Other Endocrine Problems 15.Integumentary Problems 16.Renal and Urinary Problems 17.Reproductive Problems 18.Problems in Pregnancy and Childbearing 19.Pediatric Problems NEW! 20.Emergencies and Disasters 21.Psychiatric-Mental Health Problems NEW! PART THREE: PRIORITIZATION, DELEGATION, AND ASSIGNMENT IN COMPLEX HEALTH SCENARIOS Case Study 1 - Chest Pressure, Indigestion, Nausea, and Vomiting Case Study 2 - Dyspnea and Shortness of Breath Case Study 3 - Multiple Clients on a Medical-Surgical Unit Case Study 4 - Shortness of Breath, Edema, and Decreased Urine Output Case Study 5 - Diabetic Ketoacidosis Case Study 6 - Home Health Case Study 7 - Spinal Cord Injury Case Study 8 - Multiple Patients with Adrenal Gland Disorders Case Study 9 - Multiple Clients with Gastrointestinal Problems Case Study 10 - Multiple Patients with Pain Case Study 11 - Multiple Clients with Cancer Case Study 12 - Gastrointestinal Bleeding Case Study 13 - Head and Leg Trauma and Shock Case Study 14 - Septic Shock Case Study 15 - Heart Failure Case Study 16 - Multiple Patients with Peripheral Vascular Disease Case Study 17 - Respiratory Difficulty after Surgery Case Study 18 - Long-Term Care Case Study 19 - Multiple Pediatric Clients in a Clinic Setting Case Study 20 - Multiple Patients with Mental Health Disorders Case Study 21 - Childbearing
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Bad for review, note a refundable item, nook has poor customer support. I is better to have the real book.