- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX® Examination is the only review book on the market with a focus on prioritization and management of care—just like the current NCLEX Examination itself! The workbook’s unique approach establishes your foundational knowledge and then provides exercises of increasing difficulty to help you build confidence in your prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills. It offers unique preparation for the NCLEX Examination and ...
Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX® Examination is the only review book on the market with a focus on prioritization and management of care—just like the current NCLEX Examination itself! The workbook’s unique approach establishes your foundational knowledge and then provides exercises of increasing difficulty to help you build confidence in your prioritization, delegation, and patient assignment skills. It offers unique preparation for the NCLEX Examination and effectively equips you to practice in today’s fast-paced healthcare environment.
• The only workbook available that provides in-depth practice with prioritization, delegation, and assignment questions similar to those you’ll see on the NCLEX Examination, including questions in alternate item formats
• Unique three-part organization that (1) equips you with foundational skills to make sound decisions, then helps you apply those skills (2) in straightforward scenarios and (3) then in complex health scenarios
• In-depth Answer Key at the back of the book that provides not only the correct answer but also a detailed rationale and an indication of the focus of the question, whether prioritization, delegation, supervision, or patient assignment.
• Expanded content focus to include psychiatric/mental health, OB/maternity, and pediatrics along with med-surg areas
• New chapters on infection control and obstetrics and maternity
• Greater emphasis on questions involving core body systems and related health problems, such as diabetes and cancer, to best prepare you for the conditions you are most likely to encounter on the NCLEX Examination and in clinical practice
• Four new unfolding cases addressing long-term care, pediatrics, psychiatric/mental health nursing, and OB/maternity
• Additional emphasis on medication safety equips you to take appropriate actions to prevent or remediate medication errors
• Multiple-select questions revised to include at least 5 response choices each, keeping you up to date with the full range of NCLEX Examination item formats
PART ONE: INTRODUCTION Guidelines for Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment Decisions PART TWO: PRIORITIZATION, DELEGATION, AND ASSIGNMENT IN COMMON HEALTH SCENARIOS 1. Pain 2. Cancer 3. Immunologic Problems 4. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance Problems 5. Safety and Infection Control EXPANDED! 6. Respiratory Problems 7. Cardiovascular Problems 8. Hematologic Problems 9. Neurologic Problems 10. Visual and Auditory Problems 11. Musculoskeletal Problems 12. Gastrointestinal and Nutritional Problems 13. Diabetes Mellitus Now covered in a separate chapter! 14. Other Endocrine Problems 15. Integumentary Problems 16. Renal and Urinary Problems 17. Reproductive Problems 18. Problems in Pregnancy and Childbearing 19. Pediatric Problems NEW! 20. Emergencies and Disasters 21. Psychiatric-Mental Health Problems NEW! PART THREE: PRIORITIZATION, DELEGATION, AND ASSIGNMENT IN COMPLEX HEALTH SCENARIOS Case Study 1 - Chest Pressure, Indigestion, Nausea, and Vomiting Case Study 2 - Dyspnea and Shortness of Breath Case Study 3 - Multiple Clients on a Medical-Surgical Unit Case Study 4 - Shortness of Breath, Edema, and Decreased Urine Output Case Study 5 - Diabetic Ketoacidosis Case Study 6 - Home Health Case Study 7 - Spinal Cord Injury Case Study 8 - Multiple Patients with Adrenal Gland Disorders Case Study 9 - Multiple Clients with Gastrointestinal Problems Case Study 10 - Multiple Patients with Pain Case Study 11 - Multiple Clients with Cancer Case Study 12 - Gastrointestinal Bleeding Case Study 13 - Head and Leg Trauma and Shock Case Study 14 - Septic Shock Case Study 15 - Heart Failure Case Study 16 - Multiple Patients with Peripheral Vascular Disease Case Study 17 - Respiratory Difficulty after Surgery Case Study 18 - Long-Term Care Case Study 19 - Multiple Pediatric Clients in a Clinic Setting Case Study 20 - Multiple Patients with Mental Health Disorders Case Study 21 - Childbearing
Posted July 29, 2014
Bad for review, note a refundable item, nook has poor customer support. I is better to have the real book.
1 out of 3 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted August 10, 2014
No text was provided for this review.
Posted July 4, 2014
No text was provided for this review.