Private Security in America : An Introduction / Edition 1by Clifford E. Simonsen
Pub. Date: 01/21/1998
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Provides a comprehensive introduction to private security and covers the many and varied sectors and operations that comprise it. Taking a systems approach to exploring private and public security, Private Security in America provides a balanced treatment of practical examples, technology, history, documents, and research. Written in an engaging style, the book is easy-to-read and includes many tables, figures, graphs, photographs, illustrations, and more. It presents an unbiased view of a wide range of topics that makes it suitable for a wide range of readers with many points of view. An essential reference for professional security experts as well as the average reader seeking more information on issues related to private security.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.18(w) x 9.57(h) x 0.86(d)
Table of Contents1. Security: A Concept in Search of a Definition and Direction.
2. The Mission for Private Security: "Make My Day!" Or "Have a Nice Day?"
3. The Scope, Organization, and Growth of the Private Security Industry: 1970-1990.
4. The Dimensions of Security and Loss Prevention: Who Does What to Whom?
5. The Wide Range of Specialized Security Fields and Career Opportunities.
6. An Examination of Generalized Security Tasks.
7. The Organizational Role for Security: A Search for Identity and Respect.
8. Risk Analysis: The Heart and Soul of Security and Loss Prevention.
9. Litigation: The Biggest Threat to Corporate Assets.
10. Physical Security and Access Control: The Wonders of Technology.
11. Crime Prevention: A Major Element of Security and Loss Prevention Roles and Practices.
12. Security Products, Consultants, and Vendors: The Technological and Services Sector of Private Security.
13. Security and Loss Prevention by Environmental Design and Systems Integration.
14. The Twenty-First Century: Where Next?
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >