Pro Silverlight for the Enterprise / Edition 1by Ashish Ghoda
Pub. Date: 04/12/2009
Microsoft Silverlight 2 is a new development platform designed to make the development of rich Internet applications (RIAs) far easier than has previously been possible. Pro Silverlight for the Enterprise addresses the question of how you can bring Silverlight 2 to your company to provide rich Internet experiences that will interface cleanly with your/em>
Microsoft Silverlight 2 is a new development platform designed to make the development of rich Internet applications (RIAs) far easier than has previously been possible. Pro Silverlight for the Enterprise addresses the question of how you can bring Silverlight 2 to your company to provide rich Internet experiences that will interface cleanly with your existing application architecture.
The book begins with a clear discussion of why Silverlight is such a good choice for developing RIAs and the implications that this has for your development decisions. The options available will be demonstrated by constructing a simple webbased training portal for a fictional enterprise, which will be extended and altered to demonstrate the techniques and methods that you have available to you. This includes accessing data using WCF and LINQ, and considering how best to deploy your finished Silverlight application when it is complete. The book also discusses the future of Silverlight for mobile and how to plan for its release.
This book is unique in that it focuses on how Silverlight can be applied in today’s business environment rather than simply delving into the product’s syntax and grammar in isolation. Silverlight is discussed in context with consideration given to security, scalability, and deployment. As such this book makes an excellent addition to any Silverlight library and extends your knowledge into practical areas that are rarely discussed.
What you’ll learn
- Advanced design concepts to develop loosely coupled webbased applications using Silverlight 2
- The role of Silverlight library assembly
- How to use dynamic Silverlight user controls to build your user interface at runtime
- How to externalize your data source definitions
- LINQ integration
- WCF/Web services integration
- Secured samedomain/crossdomain deployment
- The ABCs of developing mobile applications using Silverlight, including coverage of the common pitfalls and traps you may encounter
- Practical advice on how to adopt the Silverlight development platform in you’re your organization
Who this book is for
This book is for enterprise architects, IT executives and IT professionals, the developer community, technical and project managers, and anyone who wants to start using Silverlight 2 in a corporate environment.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.00(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of ContentsA table of contents is not available for this title.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >