Pro Web 2.0 Mashups: Remixing Data and Web Services / Edition 1by Raymond Yee
Pub. Date: 03/06/2008
The modern Web is awash with data and services just waiting to be used, but how do you make effective use of all this information? The answer lies in APIs (such as Google Maps, Flickr, and Amazon Web Services) and remixing, or mashups. Pro Web 2.0 Mashups: Remixing Data and Web Services teaches you everything you need to create useful, dynamic/i>… See more details below
Highlights include the following:
- Looks at the overall shape of todays Web from a developers point of viewwhat are its main features, and what is available for us to use to develop applications?
- Contains realworld examples of creating mashups using all the major APIs.
- Contains examples written in multiple serverside languages.
What you’ll learn
- How the constituent parts of the modern Web fit togetherweb standards, Ajax, APIs, libraries, tagging, blogs, wikis, and more
- How to create different types of mashup, for example mapping mashups, search functionality, calendars, RSS/Atom feeds, social bookmarking, online storage systems, open document formats, and more
Who this book is for
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >