- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Phoenix, MD
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Designed to prepare readers for employment in today's office environment, the principles and techniques presented in this book provide readers with the essential skills they need to understand basic office procedures, enhance their professional value, and manage their jobs with greater confidence and less frustration. Readers become aware that each office worker is a communication link: in person, over the telephone, via computer, and in writing. The authors provide easy-to-read guidelines for successfully negotiating the working environment, processing information, working with the office team and preparing for your future. For office professionals.
I. Understanding YOUR WORKING ENVIRONMENT.
1. Understanding The Changing and Challenging Office.
2. Communicating Effectively.
3. Managing Your Work and Time.
II. PROCESSING INFORMATION.
4. Using Technology and Understanding the Office Professional's Role.
5. Preparing Communications.
6. Processing Mail.
7. Managing Your Records.
III. WORKING WITH THE OFFICE TEAM.
8. Handling Financial Procedures.
9. Providing Customer Service, Scheduling Appointments, and Receiving Visitors.
10. Making Travel Arrangements.
11. Planning Meetings and Conferences.
12. Using Telecommunications in the Office.
13. Working in a Medical Office
14. Working in a Legal Office
IV. PREPARING FOR YOUR FUTURE.
15. Preparing for Your Job Search.
16. Preparing to Meet the Challenges.
Appendix A: Punctuation.