Procedures in Cosmetic Dermatology Series: Treatment of Leg Veins: Text with DVD / Edition 2by Murad Alam, Sirunya Silapunt
Pub. Date: 11/24/2010
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
With its bound-in instructional DVD, Procedures in Cosmetic Dermatology Series: Treatment of Leg Veins by Murad Alam, MD and Sirunya Silapunt, MD, offers practical, step-by-step visual guidance as well as expert hints and tips for performing a full range of cosmetic procedures including ambulatory phlebectomy, sclerotherapy, foam sclerotherapy, and laser… See more details below
With its bound-in instructional DVD, Procedures in Cosmetic Dermatology Series: Treatment of Leg Veins by Murad Alam, MD and Sirunya Silapunt, MD, offers practical, step-by-step visual guidance as well as expert hints and tips for performing a full range of cosmetic procedures including ambulatory phlebectomy, sclerotherapy, foam sclerotherapy, and laser surgery. Edited by the foremost pioneers in the field, this edition provides coverage of timely topics and advancements and includes new chapters on ultrasound techniques and compression. Case studies with more "before and after" clinical photographs depict cases as they present in practice, and an expanded collection of procedural video clips enables you to immediately implement the newest surgical procedures into your practice.
Optimize outcomes and improve your technique with guidance about common pitfalls and "tricks of the trade" from practically minded, technically skilled, hands-on clinicians.
• Implement the newest surgical procedures into your practice with the guidance of an expanded, comprehensive collection of procedural video clips.
• Stay current with the emerging topics and newest developments in cosmetic surgery. New chapters cover the latest ultrasound-guided procedures and compression techniques.
See things as they appear in practice thanks to an abundance of color illustrations and case studies, including more "before and after" clinical photographs.
Watch and learn the hottest procedures and techniques for treating vein disorders.
Table of Contents
1. Venous anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology
2. Presentations of venous disease a. Superficial venous insufficiency b. Deep venous insufficiency c. Differential diagnosis of clinical patterns
3. Patient Evaluation (H&P)
a. History and physical b. Clinical Etiologic Anatomic Pathologic (CEAP) classification c. Diagnostic studies d. Manual Doppler e. Duplex ultrasound f. Photoplethysmography g. Classification of venous disease
4. Therapeutic overview a. Role of Compression therapy b. Treatment of truncal or saphenous vein incompetence c. Treatment of non-truncal tributaries i. Small vessel disease ii. Large vessel disease d. Integrating therapeutic options
5. Sclerotherapy a. Standard technique b. Foam sclerotherapy c. Duplex guided sclerotherapy d. Empty vein technique
6. Laser surgery
7. Ambulatory Phlebectomy a. Leg varicosities b. Veins in other locations
8. Endovenous ablation a. VNUS Closure® (Radiofrequency Closure®)
b. Endovenous laser
9. Surgical Approaches a. Stripping and Ligation b. Subfascial endoscopic perforator surgery (SEPS)
10. Appendices a. Organizations b. Equipment manufacturers and distributors c. Diagrams and forms
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >