- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: centerville, OH
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This phenomenally successful coursebook keeps getting stronger with each new edition. Now, in addition to demonstrating a sound step-by-step approach to legal research that will serve students throughout their professional careers, THE PROCESS OF LEGAL RESEARCH, Fifth Edition, helps students choose among the proliferation of resources.
New material throughout the Fifth Edition deals with the ongoing choice between paper and electronic research, such as:
• when the choice takes place in the research process
• how the choice among different media results in different access means, scope, and currency of materials
• differences in the search capabilities of the Internet, LEXIS, and WESTLAW
• how to conserve a client's financial resources
• best research practices in terms of media choices and uses, with careful attention to when paper sources are better
This outstanding author team continues to impact the principles and practices of successful legal research with:
• The process approach that leads students through the steps of effective legal research with unmatched clarity.
Comprehensive coverage that begins with the basics (research terms, media options) and proceeds to detail specific sources for in-depth consideration.
• A clear and consistent chapter structure helps students focus on key topics and makes the book a reference of enduring value.
• A case study that demonstrates all the research sources in the context of a real example.
• Excellent illustrations that give examples of sources and prepare students for what they will find when they conduct theirresearch.
• Problem sets that help students test their knowledge and give instructors ready-to-use exercises.
Unit I: Overview
Chapter 1. The Lay of the Land: The Importance of Legal Research, Legal Authorities, and Research Media
Chapter 2. From Curiosity to Closure: Eight Cognitive Tasks
Unit II: Secondary Sources
Chapter 3. Encyclopedias
Chapter 4. Treatises
Chapter 5. Legal Periodicals
Chapter 6. A.L.R. Annotations
Chapter 7. Restatements
Chapter 8. Additional Secondary Sources and Strategy
Unit III: Case Law
Chapter 9. Reporters, Digests, and Their Alternatives
Chapter 10. Case Citators
Unit IV: Enacted Law
Chapter 11. Codes and Session Laws
Chapter 12. Legislative Process Materials
Unit V: Administrative Materials
Chapter 13. Regulations
Chapter 14. Agency Decisions
Chapter 15. Mini-Libraries
Unit VI : Rules of Procedure and Legal Ethics
Chapter 16. Rules of Procedure
Chapter 17. Rules of Legal Ethics
Unit VII: Conclusion
Chapter 18. Developing an Integrated Research Strategy
Posted July 20, 2011
This isn't a good sign that the only reviews for this seller are because of lack of fulfillment for orders. Same thing happened to me too. It's unfortunate that a buyer goes through effort of finding the book they want only to find out the seller didn't take the time to update his/her inventory. Sad!Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted November 20, 2010
Screw this seller for ratting on me! 3 days after my order being placed, the seller told me the item is no longer available. don't you check your bloody inventory before putting the item for sale online?!Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.