0735507384 Brand New! Usually ships within one business day! This item is: Product Liability: Problems and Process, Henderson, Twerski; 7th ed., 2011; hardcover; ISBN: ...9780735507388. For fastest delivery, choose Expedited Shipping. We represent the Internet's largest independent legal bookstore!Read moreShow Less
Written by the two reporters for the Restatement (Third) of Torts: Product Liability, the new edition of this intellectually challenging text introduces students to the black letter of the law and its underlying policies, while applying the law to real-life situations. Unlike other casebooks, the Restatement rules and comments are fully integrated into the text - thus eliminating the need for supplementary material to bring the Restatement into class discussion.
The authors continue their unique approach to the material with:
• an updated blend of theory and litigation complimented by cases and problems that reflect the current status and the future trends of products liability
• an accessible, three-part structure praised by the book's users for its careful attention to the relationship between each of the parts
• a student-friendly mix of problems, cases, excerpts, notes, and questions
New material for the Fourth Edition includes:
• a host of new cases including: Myriak v. Port Authority of New York; Khumo Tire, Ltd v. Carmichael; Liriano v. Hobart Corporation; Perez v. Wyeth Laboratory Inc.; and Scarangella v. Thomas Built Buses Inc.
• additional coverage of Component Parts and how a number of courts have adopted Section 5 of the Restatement which limits the scope of liability for manufacturers of component parts
• a trilogy of cases dealing with the issue of reasonable alternative design v. consumer expectations, including Potter v. Chicago Pneumatic Tool Co.
• a more concise and streamlined Part III - Institutional Perspectives
• additional hypotheticals