The Profession and Practice of Adult Education: An Introduction / Edition 1by Sharan B. Merriam, Ralph G. Brockett
Pub. Date: 01/28/1996
?Peter Jarvis, professor of continuing education
The Profession and Practice of Adult Education is a timely book and an excellent introduction to the field. Drawing from an extensive volume of literature, it provides comprehensive coverage and a clear guide. Graduate students will benefit from it and practitioners will be kept abreast of changes that are occurring.
?Peter Jarvis, professor of continuing education and senior research professor, University of Surrey, United Kingdom
Table of Contents
1. What Counts as Adult Education?
2. Philosophical Perspectives.
3. Perspectives on the Past.
4. Adult Education in Contemporary Society.
THE ORGANIZATION AND DELIVERY OF ADULT EDUCATION.
5. Providers of Formal Adult Education.
6. The Adult Learner and Concepts of Learning.
7. The Global Context of Adult Education.
8. Examining Access and Opportunity.
DEVELOPING A PROFESSIONAL FIELD OF PRACTICE.
9. Adult Education as a Developing Profession.
10. The Unacknowledged Side of Practice.
11. Reframing Practice: The Future of Adult Education.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews