- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This easy-to-use book provides practical strategies for initializing, maximizing, and evaluating Professional Development Schools—from meeting the standards, to hands-on tool kits and "quick-check" self-assessments.
"This book will help PDS partners keep their focus on students' needs—the core of PDS work, as they take this journey together. It provides concrete suggestions for what PDS partners can do in developing, implementing, and assessing their partnerships, which are framed by the standards and grounded in core concepts. "
Foreword by Marsha Levine
1. Introduction: The History and Foundations of Professional Development Schools
2. Collaboration: Developing Joint Ownership of Student Learning
3. Structures, Resources, and Roles: Supporting Changes in the Learning Environment
4. Learning Community: Improving Approaches to Teaching, Learning, and Leadership
5. Diversity and Equity: Preparing a Diverse Group of Educators to Teach All Students
6. Accountability and Quality Assurance: Assessing the Partnership and its Outcomes
7. Next Steps for Strengthening Your Professional Development School Appendix A: Applying the Framework to Multiple School PDS Partnerships Appendix B: Using Cases to Facilitate Discussion of Partnership Issues Index