- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
* Provides PTs and OTs with the information they need to make ethical decisions in their day-to-day practice.
• Applicable to many rehabilitation professionals and works well in transdisciplinary classes, which are becoming more prevalent in colleges today.
• Text shows how to apply ethics, making it a practical and relevant book for rehab students and professionals.
• Case studies show how to apply theory to everyday practice.
• Discussion of patient responsibility and mutual decision-making anticipates and helps to prevent possible problems and misunderstandings.
• Includes an appendix at the back of the book with codes of ethics for several rehabilitation professions.
• Current information on interpersonal relations and sexual harassment and misconduct, which every health care professional must be aware of.
• Overview of the ethics of patient informed consent with a managed care focus.
• In-depth discussion of managed care versus managed health.
• Highly respected author brings wealth of expertise as an attorney, physical therapist, academician, chairperson of the American Physical Therapy Association Judicial Committee, and a renowned legal speaker in allied health circles.
• Prepares rehab professionals to deal with difficult issues, such as withdrawing and withholding care, mental competency, and death and dying, including the right to die.
• Simple and flexible systems approach to the determination and resolution of ethical issues and dilemmas.
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.