Professional IIS 7 and ASP. NET 2. 0 Integrated Programmingby Shahram Khosravi
The deep integration of IIS7 and ASP.NET provides both IIS7 administrators and ASP.NET developers with new and exciting programming tools, techniques, and approaches that were not possible with earlier versions of IIS. With this book, Dr. Shahram Khosravi presents you with the only resource to focus exclusively on the key features of this exciting… See more details below
The deep integration of IIS7 and ASP.NET provides both IIS7 administrators and ASP.NET developers with new and exciting programming tools, techniques, and approaches that were not possible with earlier versions of IIS. With this book, Dr. Shahram Khosravi presents you with the only resource to focus exclusively on the key features of this exciting integration.
You’ll get in-depth coverage of all the major systems that make up the IIS7 and ASP.NET integrated infrastructure, detailed explanations on how they work, guidance on how to use them in your own applications, and techniques for extending them to meet your application requirements.
Packed with detailed code walkthroughs and in-depth analyses of numerous real-world examples - all written and tested with Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, ASP.NET 2.0, and ASP.NET 3.5 (Visual Studio 2008), this book helps you gain the skills, knowledge, and experience you need to use and to extend the major systems that make up the IIS7 and ASP.NET integrated infrastructure.
Some of the key topics covered include:
- How to write integrated IIS7 and ASP.NET code that works with Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, ASP.NET 2.0, and ASP.NET 3.5 (Visual Studio 2008)
- Techniques for implementing and plugging custom HTTP modules, handlers, and handler factories into the IIS7 and ASP.NET integrated request processing pipeline
- How to manage the IIS7 and ASP.NET integrated configuration system from IIS7 Manager, appcmd.exe, and managed code
- Tips for using the IIS7 and ASP.NET integrated declarative schema extension markup language (<sectionSchema>, , <element>, <collection>, and so on) to implement custom configuration sections
- Techniques for using and extending the IIS7 and ASP.NET integrated managed code system (ConfigurationElement, ConfigurationElementCollectionBase<T>, ConfigurationSection, ApplicationPool, Site, Application, ServerManager and so on) to add support for custom managed classes
- Tips for extending the IIS7 and ASP.NET integrated graphical management system (ModuleServiceProxy, ModuleDialogPage, ModuleListPage, TaskForm, Module, ModuleService, ModuleProvider, TextTaskItem, MethodTaskItem, and so on) to add new graphical components to IIS7 Manager
- Techniques for using and extending the IIS7 and ASP.NET integrated providers system (ProviderConfigurationFeature, ProviderConfigurationSettings, IProviderConfigurationService, ConfigurationModuleProvider, and so on) and ways to implement and to plug custom provider-based services into this system and IIS7 Manager
- Ways to use the IIS7 and ASP.NET integrated tracing and diagnostics - TraceSource, SourceSwitch, IisTraceListener, EventTypeFilter, RSCA, Request, WorkerProcess, Failed Request Tracing, and so on
- ASP.NET and Windows Communication Foundation integration in IIS7
Read an Excerpt
Meet the Author
Dr. Shahram Khosravi is a senior software engineer, consultant, author, and instructor specializing in ASP.NET, Windows Communications Foundation (WCF), ASP.NET AJAX, Windows Workflow Foundation (WF), IIS 7 and ASP.NET Integrated Programming, ADO.NET, Web services, .NET, and XML technologies such as XSD, XSLT, XPath, SOAP, and WSDL. He also has years of experience in object-oriented analysis, design, and programming, architectural and design patterns, service-oriented analysis, design, and programming, 3D computer graphics programming, user interface design, and usability.
Shahram is the author of the following four books: Professional ASP.NET 3.5 and .NET 3.5 Programming (ASP.NET Internals plus ASP.NET AJAX, IIS 7.0, Windows Workflow Foundation, and Windows Communication Foundation), ASP.NET AJAX Programmer’s Reference with ASP.NET 2.0 or ASP.NET 3.5, Professional IIS 7 and ASP.NET Integrated Programming, and Professional ASP.NET Server Control and Component Development. He has written articles on the ASP.NET, ADO.NET, .NET, and XML technologies for the industry’s leading magazines such as Dr. Dobb’s Journal, asp.netPRO magazine, and Microsoft MSDN Online.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >