Professional IIS 7 and ASP. NET 2. 0 Integrated Programmingby Shahram Khosravi
The deep integration of IIS 7 and ASP.NET provides both IIS 7 administrators and ASP.NET developers with new and exciting programming tools, techniques, and approaches that were not possible with earlier versions of IIS. With this book, Dr. Shahram Khosravi presents you with the only resource to focus exclusively on the key features of this exciting… See more details below
The deep integration of IIS 7 and ASP.NET provides both IIS 7 administrators and ASP.NET developers with new and exciting programming tools, techniques, and approaches that were not possible with earlier versions of IIS. With this book, Dr. Shahram Khosravi presents you with the only resource to focus exclusively on the key features of this exciting integration.
Packed with detailed code walkthroughs and in-depth analyses of numerous real-world examples—all written and tested with Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, ASP.NET 2.0, and ASP.NET 3.5 (Visual Studio 2008)—this book provides in-depth coverage of all the major systems that make up the IIS 7 and ASP.NET integrated infrastructure to help you gain the skills, knowledge, and experience you need to use them in your own applications and extend them to meet the requirements of your application.
What you will learn from this book
- How to write integrated IIS 7 and ASP.NET code that works with Windows Vista®, Windows Server® 2008, ASP.NET 2.0, and ASP.NET 3.5 (Visual Studio® 2008)
- Tips for writing and plugging custom HTTP modules, handlers, and handler factories into the IIS 7 and ASP.NET integrated request processing pipeline
- How to manage the IIS 7 and ASP.NET integrated configuration system from IIS 7 Manager, appcmd.exe, and managed code
- Tips for implementing custom configuration sections in declarative fashion
- How to use and extend the IIS 7 and ASP.NET integrated managed code API
- How to implement and plug new graphical components into IIS 7 Manager
- Techniques for implementing custom provider-based services, which are configurable from a configuration file, IIS 7 Manager, and managed code
- Ways to use the IIS 7 and ASP.NET integrated tracing and diagnostics
- ASP.NET and Windows Communication Foundation integration in IIS 7
Who this book is for
This book is for ASP.NET developers and IIS administrators who want to learn the IIS 7 and ASP.NET integrated programming for the first time.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
Enhance Your Knowledge
Advance Your Career
Meet the Author
Dr. Shahram Khosravi is a senior software engineer,consultant, author, and instructor specializing in ASP.NET, WindowsCommunications Foundation (WCF), ASP.NET AJAX, Windows WorkflowFoundation (WF), IIS 7 and ASP.NET Integrated Programming, ADO.NET,Web services, .NET, and XML technologies such as XSD, XSLT, XPath,SOAP, and WSDL. He also has years of experience in object-orientedanalysis, design, and programming, architectural and designpatterns, service-oriented analysis, design, and programming, 3Dcomputer graphics programming, user interface design, andusability.
Shahram is the author of the following four books: ProfessionalASP.NET 3.5 and .NET 3.5 Programming (ASP.NET Internals plusASP.NET AJAX, IIS 7.0, Windows Workflow Foundation, andWindows Communication Foundation), ASP.NET AJAXProgrammer’s Reference with ASP.NET 2.0 or ASP.NET 3.5,Professional IIS 7 and ASP.NET Integrated Programming, andProfessional ASP.NET Server Control and ComponentDevelopment. He has written articles on the ASP.NET, ADO.NET,.NET, and XML technologies for the industry’s leadingmagazines such as Dr. Dobb’s Journal,asp.netPRO magazine, and Microsoft MSDN Online.
More from this Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >