- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Since this is the first book on K2 blackpearl, you will find a broad...
Since this is the first book on K2 blackpearl, you will find a broad range of topics in this book, from the market in which K2 blackpearl is aimed to the architecture of the platform, from how to approach process design to developing your own custom user manager.
The first part of the book is meant for everyone and provides an understanding of K2 blackpearl and where it fits in the marketplace. It is included to provide a framework for thinking about various aspects of process-driven applications, including how they differ from business process management techniques; identifying processes in your company to automate, the different pieces that make up a process; measuring the success of your efforts; and finally shifting your company's culture in the direction of process efficiency. This section may be the only section you need to read if you are sponsoring a process improvement effort in your company. If you are responsible for leading the effort, make sure to read Chapters 3 and 4.
The other parts are meant to provide details on how to effectively deploy and use K2 blackpearl and include a broad range of topics. Read what you are most interested in, but also make sure to read Chapter 8, which will give you a great foundation to start designing processes with K2 blackpearl. Chapter 14 is also recommended for everyone because it provides an overview of the available K2 Designers and how you can share projects among them.
K2 blackpearl is the main subject of this book, although we devote an entire chapter, Chapter 23, to the add-on product K2 connect to give you an understanding of how to bring SAP data into your processes. We also talk a bit about K2 blackpoint, particularly in the SharePoint chapters. Since K2 blackpoint is built on the K2 blackpearl foundation, many of the same concepts apply to that product as well, but we do not point out the differences between K2 blackpearl and K2 blackpoint. For that information browse to www.k2.com.
1. Introduction to BPM and the K2 Platform.
2. Evolving Workflow and BPM into Process-Driven Applications.
3. Designing Process-Driven Applications.
4. Process-Driven Applications and K2 blackpearl.
5. Planning an Effective Deployment.
6. Planning an Effective Development, Testing, and Staging Environment and Strategy.
7. Building and Using SmartObjects.
8. Effective Process-Driven Application Planning.
9. Creating Your First Workflow.
10. Deploying Your Processes and SmartObjects.
11. Working with InfoPath and ASP.NET Forms.
12. Working with SharePoint.
13. Working with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server.
14. The K2 Designers and Collaborative Process Design.
15. Server and Component Administration.
16. Administering Permissions and Security.
17. Administering and Creating Security Providers.
18. Disaster Recovery Planning.
19. Logging and System Reporting.
20. Using the K2 Workspace and Reporting. Concepts and Platform Extensions.
21. The K2 Event Bus.
22. Advanced Topics in K2 blackpearl.
23. Introduction to K2 connect.
Appendix A: K2 blackpearl Tips and Tricks.