The Professional Medical Assistant: An Integrative, Teamwork-Based Approach / Edition 1by Sharon Eagle, Cindi Brassington, Candace Dailey, Cheri Goretti
Pub. Date: 04/28/2009
Publisher: F. A. Davis Company
This new textbook uses a multidisciplinary, integrated approach to learning that truly reflects the real world in which MAs practice, whether they're focused on the front or back office. From beginning to end, it offers comprehensive, competency-based coverage, complemented by an emphasis on multiple learning styles to better meet the needs of your
This new textbook uses a multidisciplinary, integrated approach to learning that truly reflects the real world in which MAs practice, whether they're focused on the front or back office. From beginning to end, it offers comprehensive, competency-based coverage, complemented by an emphasis on multiple learning styles to better meet the needs of your students.
Mastery of all the knowledge and skills that lead to CMA(AAMA) or RMA certification, plus flexibility, versatility, teamwork, and professionalism in the workplace, are the hallmarks of a successful and rewarding career as a Medical Assistant.
Our integrated front- and back-office approach provides the foundation for success…
Classroom building blocks—medical terminology, body structure and function, and pharmacology.
Lab and clinical—building skills through hands-on practice.
How it Works…
Integrated Approach – Teamwork based – Multiple Learning Styles
Unique approach helps students better understand how front-office duties affect back-office decisions, and vice versa.
Geared to all students and all learning styles:
- Solitary Learners
- Social Learners
- Auditory Learners
- Visual Learners
- Kinesthetic Learners
- Oral-Dependent Learners
- Writing-Dependent Learners
A comprehensive approach that addresses all competences required by the AAMA and AMT
Special focus on the attributes of a successful employee, need for teamwork and flexibility in the workplace, and importance of critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
Assessment exercises help students identify their own learning styles, and suggested study strategies for each style are included.
Organized into three main sections:
A step-by-step, chapter-by-chapter, body systems approach to clinical competencies that includes relevant examinations and procedures.
FREE for Students and Instructors, from F.A. Davis and Amazing Charts…
Learn More. View a Demo.
View a Demo.
EMR Software to accompany The Professional Medical Assistant
Patient data embedded in user-friendly, Windows-based EMR software
Patients come directly from The Professional Medical Assistant
Software package includes...
- More than 100 documentation templates
- Complete ICD-9 database for coding
- Orders for tests
- E&M coding helper
- Printable CMS-1500 for billing
Adopters receive patient-specific learning activities in PDF format.
- F. A. Davis Company
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.90(d)
Table of ContentsView Full Table of Contents Here
1. Succeeding as a Student
2. The Profession of Medical Assisting
4. Health Care Yesterday and Today
5. Therapeutic Communication
6. Legal Considerations
7. HIPAA and a Patient’s Rights
9. Patient Education
10. The Office Environment
11. Telephone Techniques
12. Appointment Scheduling
13. Written Office Communications and Mail
14. Medical Records Management
15. Office Management
16. Coding and Insurance
17. Billing and Collections
18. Accounting and Banking
19. Infection Control and Medical Asepsis
20. The Patient Interview
21. Vital Signs
22. Physical Examination
23. Essentials of Medical Terminology
24. Surgical Asepsis and Assisting with Minor Surgery
27. Cardiology and Lymphatics
31. Urology and the Male Reproductive System
32. Obstetrics and Gynecology
36. Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology
38. Introduction to Pharmacology
39. Dosage Calculation and Medication Administration
40. Introduction to the Clinical Laboratory
42. Hematology and Coagulation Procedures
43. Clinical Chemistry and Serological Procedures
46. Bioemergency Response and Preparedness
47. Office Emergencies
48. Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging
49. Externship and Career Strategies
C. Index of Competencies
D. Commonly Prescribed Drugs
E. Certification Examination
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >