The Professional Services Firm Bible / Edition 1by John Baschab, Jon Piot
The Professional Services Firm Bible is a comprehensive, sophisticated guide to every aspect of operating all types of mid-sized professional services firmsfrom law and accounting firms to consulting, real estate offices, and marketing companies. Focused primarily on growing firms with several to hundreds of professionals, it presents a wealth of expert… See more details below
The Professional Services Firm Bible is a comprehensive, sophisticated guide to every aspect of operating all types of mid-sized professional services firmsfrom law and accounting firms to consulting, real estate offices, and marketing companies. Focused primarily on growing firms with several to hundreds of professionals, it presents a wealth of expert advice for firm partners and managers who want to dramatically improve their business and keep their clients and professional staff happy.
Each chapter is written by a well-known expert practitioner who shares his or her knowledge, experience, and personal stories, providing a wide range of perspectives on a specific topic area. Together, these different voices present a complete set of best practices for modern firms, as well as practical, real-world solutions for every vital functionfrom sales and marketing to operations to human resources to staff management.
Focused on what it takes to successfully grow a small to mid-sized firm, readers will find field-tested advice on such important topics as:
- Building a sales approach that meets the needs of a growing firm
- Designing marketing, sales, and businessdevelopment strategies that really work
- Expanding firm business through the development of new product offerings and strategic partnerships
- Creating an optimal partnership and organization structure
- Managing and developing professional staff
- Accurately auditing and measuring the firm's performance and developing meaningful improvement plans
- Growing and leveraging firm assets and resources
- Designing the ideal information system for the firm
- Effective management of functional areas, including HR, finance, and accounting
Most important, readers will find specific policies for building a management and decision-making structure that ensures accountability and efficiency, as well as a wealth of management tactics specifically designed for small to mid-sized firms. Best practices offer invaluable help for back-office functions such as accounting, legal, and IT, while the accompanying CD-ROM includes diagrams, spreadsheets, checklists, and other useful tools. With expert guidance on every facet of professional services firm operation, The Professional Services Firm Bible is the one resource no firm can do without.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.38(w) x 9.37(h) x 1.75(d)
Table of Contents
About the Authors.
SECTION I: Managing and Governing theProfessional Services Firm.
1. Managing the Professional Services Firm (John Baschab, JonPiot, and Robert H. Schwartz).
2. Professional Services Firm Benchmarking (GinaGutzeit).
3. Partnership and Governance Structures (John J.Reddish).
SECTION II: The Front Office: DrivingSales and Growth.
4. Sales Management (Jana Carpenter).
5. Marketing and Business Development (Bryan J.Wick).
6. Service Line and Intellectual Property Creation (ThomasMarbach).
7. Proposal and Reference Management (Tim Bourgeois).
8. Strategic Partnering (T. Gregory Bender).
SECTION III: The Organization:Attracting and Retaining the Best Professionals.
9. Organization Structure (Frank Ribeiro).
10. Career Tracks, Compensation, and Professional Development(John Baschab and Jon Piot).
11. Professional Staff Recruiting and Retention (Brant C.Martin).
SECTION IV: Services Delivery: TakingCare of Business.
12. Service Delivery (D. Michael McDowell).
13. Resource Management (Joe Santana).
14. Risk Management and Quality Assurance (John Baschab andJon Piot).
SECTION V: The Back Office: EfficientFirm Operations.
15. Finance, Accounting, and Human Resources (Jeffery B.Nemy).
16. Purchasing, Procurement, Vendor, and Asset Management(John Baschab and Jon Piot).
17. Information Technology (John Baschab, Craig E. Courter,and Jon Piot).
18. Real Estate and Facilities (K. Todd Phillips).
19. Legal Counsel (Scott M. McElhaney and Michael W.Malakoff).
20. Office Management (John Baschab and Jon Piot).
Appendix: About the CD-ROM.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >