In the old days, professional services firms could survive without much marketing effort. Put together a team of good people, deliver strong service to clients, and you might get by just fine on repeat business and client referrals. Well, those days are gone. While repeat business and referrals are still necessary, today you also need smart, effective marketing and a culture of business development success to attract a steady stream of clients and grow your business in an increasingly competitive world.
Now in its second edition, Professional Services Marketing gives you the field-tested, research-based marketing and sales approach your organization needs to succeed. Updated with new chapters on social media and online marketing, this book helps you select the marketing strategies and tactics used by thriving, high-growth firms.
The book covers five key areas your firm can't grow without:
- Creating a marketing and growth strategy for today's marketplace
- Establishing the reputation and visibility required to become a market leader
- Implementing a proven marketing communications program that works in any economy
- Developing a lead generation strategy that attracts a strong, steady flow of new clients
- Creating rainmakers and a culture of business-development hustle, passion, intensity, and success
Professional Services Marketing, Second Edition includes new case studies that illustrate what works in today's marketplace, as well as firsthand stories from well-respected industry professionals. This is the ideal guide to growing your business, whether you are in consulting, law, technology, accounting, or any other professional service industry.