Professional Visual Basic 2010 and .NET 4by Bill Sheldon
If you've already covered the basics and want to dive deep into VB and .NET topics that professional programmers use most, this is your book. You'll find a quick review of introductory topics-always helpful-before the author team of experts moves you quickly into/b>
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Intermediate and advanced coverage of Visual Basic 2010 and .NET 4 for professional developers
If you've already covered the basics and want to dive deep into VB and .NET topics that professional programmers use most, this is your book. You'll find a quick review of introductory topics-always helpful-before the author team of experts moves you quickly into such topics as data access with ADO.NET, Language Integrated Query (LINQ), security, ASP.NET web programming with Visual Basic, Windows workflow, threading, and more.
You'll explore all the new features of Visual Basic 2010 as well as all the essential functions that you need, including .NET features such as LINQ to SQL, LINQ to XML, WCF, and more. Plus, you'll examine exception handling and debugging, Visual Studio features, and ASP.NET web programming.
- Expert author team helps you master the tools and techniques you need most for professional programming
- Reviews why Visual Basic 2010 will be synonymous with writing code in Visual Studio 2010
- Focuses on .NET features such as LINQ, LINQ to SQL, LINQ to XML, WPF, workflow, and more
- Discusses exception handling and debugging, data access with ADO.NET, Visual Studio features for Visual Basic developers, Windows programming with Windows Forms, ASP.NET web programming with VB, communication interfaces, Windows workflow, and threading
This Wrox guide presents you with updated coverage on topics you need to know now.
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 29 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
Bill Sheldon is a Microsoft MVP for Visual Basic and a Principal Engineer with InterKnowlogy.
Billy Hollis is MSDN Regional Director of Developer Relations for Microsoft in Nashville, Tennessee.
Kent Sharkey is an independent software consultant and former content strategist for MSDN.
Jonathan Marbutt is Vice President of Development for WayCool Software, Inc.
Rob Windsor is a Microsoft MVP and a Senior Consultant with ObjectSharp.
Gastón C. Hillar is an independent software consultant, specialized in parallelism and multicore.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews