Programming ASP.NET 3.5by Jesse Liberty, Dan Maharry, Dan Hurwitz
With Programming ASP.NET 3.5, you'll quickly learn to create state-of-the-art applications using Microsoft's popular web development technology and Visual Studio 2008. This updated bestseller provides comprehensive and easy-to-understand information to help you use several .NET 3.5 technologies for faster development and better web application/em>… See more details below
With Programming ASP.NET 3.5, you'll quickly learn to create state-of-the-art applications using Microsoft's popular web development technology and Visual Studio 2008. This updated bestseller provides comprehensive and easy-to-understand information to help you use several .NET 3.5 technologies for faster development and better web application performance-including ASP.NET AJAX for interactive user interfaces, LINQ for data access, and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) for web services.
Programming ASP.NET 3.5 includes examples and sample code that let you explore development with ASP.NET in more depth. With this book, you will:
- Learn about AJAX and ASP.NET server controls included with Visual Studio 2008
- Discover how to use the DataSource and data-bound controls in ADO.NET
- Use the new LINQ API and learn how to make use of it within ASP.NET pages
- Create a uniform look and feel throughout your application with Master Pages
- Use navigation controls to build site maps, menus, and breadcrumbs quickly and easily
- Build and use various web services with WCF
- Detect errors during development and handle them in your production code
- Learn how to configure and deploy your website
Written by Microsoft technology experts Jesse Liberty, Dan Hurwitz, and Dan Maharry, Programming ASP.NET 3.5 is the best book for learning how to build dynamic, interactive web applications using Microsoft's latest technologies.
- O'Reilly Media, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 29 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Programming ASP.NET 3.5 by O'REILLY is a very good book for beginners. I dont know where to start! This book shows you from very basic things like how to use visual studio 2008 to create a form, drag a control and drop it into the form to connecting to databases programatically. This book is so detailed I always reference to the book for anything ASP.NET. O'REILLY did a very good job on this book my favorite chapter is chapter nine ADO.NET. I use this chapter as a reference to create my sql connections. Another good chapter is chapter seven Data Source Controls and Connections. This book is a must have for any beginner; it's a practical step by step guide to building your own ASP.NET web site. This is one of those rare books that show you C# for every step you make. I found it refreshing to see a book designed in this format.Thank you O'REILLY for this great book.