Ian Griffiths is an independent WPF consultant, developer, speaker and Pluralsight instructor and a widely recognized expert on the subject. He lives in London but can often be found on various developer mailing lists and newsgroups, where a popular sport is to see who can get him to write the longest email in reply to the shortest possible question. Ian maintains a popular blog at http://www.interact-sw.co.uk/iangblog/ and is co-author of "Windows Forms in a Nutshell" and of "Mastering Visual Studio .NET".
Programming C# 5.0: Building Windows 8, Web, and Desktop Applications for the .NET 4.5 Frameworkby Ian Griffiths
After a dozen years of incremental changes, C# has become one of the most versatile programming languages available. With this comprehensive guide, you’ll learn just how powerful the combination of C# 5.0 and .NET 4.5 can be. Author Ian Griffiths guides you through C# 5.0 fundamentals and teaches you techniques for building web and desktop applications,… See more details below
After a dozen years of incremental changes, C# has become one of the most versatile programming languages available. With this comprehensive guide, you’ll learn just how powerful the combination of C# 5.0 and .NET 4.5 can be. Author Ian Griffiths guides you through C# 5.0 fundamentals and teaches you techniques for building web and desktop applications, including Windows 8-style apps.
Completely rewritten for experienced programmers, this book provides many code examples to help you work with the nuts and bolts of C# code, such as generics, dynamic typing, and the new asynchronous programming features. You’ll also get up to speed on XAML, ASP.NET, LINQ, and other .NET tools.
- Discover how C# supports fundamental coding features such as classes, other custom types, collections, and error handling
- Understand the differences between dynamic and static typing in C#
- Query and process diverse data sources such as in-memory object models, databases, and XML documents with LINQ
- Use .NET’s multithreading features to exploit your computer’s parallel processing capabilities
- Learn how the new asynchronous language features can help improve application responsiveness and scalability
- Use XAML to create Windows 8-style, phone, and classic desktop applications
- O'Reilly Media, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 9 MB
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >