Programming Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange 2003by Thomas Rizzo
Create rich, collaborative messaging solutions for your business—and extend them to corporate Web portals—with code and instruction straight from the source. This classic reference—now in its third edition—shows how to exploit the enhanced collaborative capabilities in Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server 2003, including knowledge management,… See more details below
Create rich, collaborative messaging solutions for your business—and extend them to corporate Web portals—with code and instruction straight from the source. This classic reference—now in its third edition—shows how to exploit the enhanced collaborative capabilities in Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server 2003, including knowledge management, information publishing, and search capabilities. Author Thomas Rizzo, a veteran of the Microsoft Exchange and Outlook teams, shares a wealth of practical, how-to examples for crafting collaborative business applications. To extend your learning, the companion Web site features 500+ pages of bonus material on Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server, as well as the book’s entire cache of code—downloadable for use in your own applications.
Discover how to:
- Manipulate Outlook objects using the Outlook Object Model
- Write your own COM add-ins to extend Outlook functionality
- Create smart tags and smart documents to link actions to content, customize the UI, and track interactions
- Use Collaboration Data Objects (CDO) to develop Web-based messaging and collaboration applications
- Help protect your network applications with Outlook Security Update and Microsoft ASP.NET authentication
- Increase your control over Exchange Server with the CDO library and ADSI
- Better manage the Exchange infrastructure via CDO for Exchange Management (EMO) and Microsoft Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
- Develop real-time collaboration solutions using the Exchange Conferencing Server and Instant Messaging
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Microsoft Press
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- 3rd ed.
- Product dimensions:
- 7.56(w) x 9.30(h) x 2.11(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >