Christopher Mitchell is a PhD candidate and a recognized leader in the TI-83+/TI-84+ programming community. He hosts discussions and collaboration on calculator programs and projects at his website, Cemetech.
Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plusby Christopher R. Mitchell
Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus is an example-filled, hands-on tutorial that introduces students, teachers, and professional users to programming with the TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus graphing calculators. This fun and easy-to-read book immediately immerses you in your first programs and guides you concept-by-concept, example-by-example./i>/b>… See more details below
Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus is an example-filled, hands-on tutorial that introduces students, teachers, and professional users to programming with the TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus graphing calculators. This fun and easy-to-read book immediately immerses you in your first programs and guides you concept-by-concept, example-by-example. You'll learn to think like a programmer as you use the TI-BASIC language to design and write your own utilities, games, and math programs.
About the Technology
The TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus are more than just powerful graphing calculatorst—they are the perfect place to start learning to program. The TI-BASIC language is built in, so you have everything you need to create your own math and science programs, utilities—even games.
About the Book
Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus teaches universal programming concepts and makes it easy for students, teachers, and professionals to write programs for the world's most popular graphing calculators. This friendly tutorial guides you concept-by-concept, immediately immersing you in your first programs. It introduces TI-BASIC and z80 assembly, teaches you tricks to slim down and speed up your programs, and gives you a solid conceptual base to explore other programming languages.
This book is written for beginners—no programming background is assumed.
Purchase of the print book comes with an offer of a free PDF, ePub, and Kindle eBook from Manning. Also available is all code from the book.
- Works with all models of the TI-83, TI-83+, and TI-84+
- Learn to think like a programmer
- Learn concepts you can apply to any language
- Advanced concepts such as hybrid BASIC and ASM
- PART 1 GETTING STARTED WITH PROGRAMMING
- Diving into calculator programming
- Communication: basic input and output
- Conditionals and Boolean logic
- Control structures
- Theory interlude: problem solving and debugging
- Advanced input and events
- Pixels and the graphscreen
- Graphs, shapes, and points
- Manipulating numbers and data types
- Optimizing TI-BASIC programs
- Using hybrid TI-BASIC libraries
- Introducing z80 assembly
- Now what? Expanding your programming horizons
PART 2 BECOMING A TI-BASIC MASTER
PART 3 ADVANCED CONCEPTS; WHAT'S NEXT
- Manning Publications Company
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.30(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.00(d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >