Project Management for the 21st Century / Edition 2by Bennet P. Lientz, Kathryn Rea, Kathryn P. Rea
Pub. Date: 02/01/1998
Publisher: Taylor & Francis
Project Management for the 21st Century, Second Edition focuses on proven methods and lessons learned for dealing with projects in many different industries and settings. It addresses issues of organization, process, and technology, and explores how modern technology tools such as the Internet and World Wide Web can support effective project management and/b>
Project Management for the 21st Century, Second Edition focuses on proven methods and lessons learned for dealing with projects in many different industries and settings. It addresses issues of organization, process, and technology, and explores how modern technology tools such as the Internet and World Wide Web can support effective project management and project success. The authors, successful managers and consultants to companies and agencies in more than 15 industries, developed the materials in this book over six years of teaching and advising.
The Second Edition addresses the current trends in collaborative project management, group resource deconflicting and allocation, and information sharing. It expands the guidelines and the use of modern technology, and spends more time on project analysis and costing and issue management. There are two new chapters in the Second Edition: "Collaborative Scheduling" and "Project Management Using the Internet."
• Explores how to use collaborative and team project management as well as information sharing and access for improved project productivity
• Recommends how to use the Internet, World Wide Web, intranets, database management systems, project management software and other technologies to improve project management effectiveness
• Includes managerial, technical, and behavioral aspects of project management
• Provides specific advice for dealing with more than 100 commonly encountered problems
• Addresses projects, programs, and products of all sizes
• Contains real life experiences
• Explains how to effectively manage project issues and opportunities
• Describes how to prevent project failure and resolve crises
• Serves as a practical guide for setting up and managing projects with minimal hassle and overhead
• Features a down-to-earth, common sense writing style
- Taylor & Francis
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 5.97(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.68(d)
Table of Contents
Projects and Trends in the 1990s and the Twenty-First Century.
Projects and Project Management.
Lessons Learned from Projects.
Getting the Project Started Right:
Setting Up the Project Plan.
Being a Winning Project Manager.
The Project Team.
Intranets, Internet and the Web.
Managing the Project:
Tracking and Monitoring the Project. Project Cost Analysis.
Succeeding with Projects Great and Small and Programs.
Product Management. Managing Issues in Projects: Problems and Opportunities.
Project Management Tools and Methods:
Project Communications and Presentations.
Project Management Software.
Evolution, Revolution, and Termination:
Project Change and Death. Lessons Learned from the Project.
Where to Go From Here.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >