- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This book covers the Prolog programming language thoroughly with an emphasis on building practical application software, not just theory. Working through this book, readers build several types of expert systems, as well as natural language processing software and utilities to read foreign file formats. This is the first book to cover ISO Standard Prolog, but the programs are compatible with earlier dialects of the language. Program files are available by FTP from The University of Georgia.
I. THE PROLOG LANGUAGE.
1. Introducing Prolog.
2. Constructing Prolog Programs.
3. Data Structures and Computation.
4. Expressing Procedural Algorithms.
5. Reading Data in Foreign Formats.
6. Prolog as its own Metalanguage.
7. Advanced Techniques.
II. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE APPLICATIONS.
8. Artificial Intelligence and the Search for Solutions.
9. A Simple Expert System Shell.
10. An Expert System Shell with Uncertainty.
11. Defeasible Prolog.
12. Natural Language Processing.
A. Summary of ISO Prolog.
B. Some Differences Between Prolog Implementations.