Promoting Children's Health: Integrating School, Family, and Communityby Thomas J. Power, George J. DuPaul, Edward S. Shapiro, Anne E. Kazak
Pub. Date: 03/21/2003
Publisher: Guilford Publications, Inc.
This book presents a framework for systematically addressing the health needs of children by integrating health, mental health, and educational systems of care. From leading scientist-practitioners, the volume is grounded in cutting-edge research as well as public policy mandates on health promotion and prevention for at-risk students. Strategies are delineated for… See more details below
This book presents a framework for systematically addressing the health needs of children by integrating health, mental health, and educational systems of care. From leading scientist-practitioners, the volume is grounded in cutting-edge research as well as public policy mandates on health promotion and prevention for at-risk students. Strategies are delineated for developing and evaluating evidence-based programs targeting a variety of goals, including successfully integrating children with health problems into school, bolstering adherence to health interventions, and planning and monitoring pharmacological interventions. Multidisciplinary approaches to prevention are also discussed in detail. The book's concluding section provides guidelines for preparing professionals for health-related careers. Key Features:
• More and more states are integrating education and healthcare systems.
• Shows how school personnel deal with and refer health problems, including useful case examples.
• Authors are the leading experts in the field.
• Provides guidelines for designing professional training programs.
- Guilford Publications, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.10(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of Contents
I. Understanding the Context
1. Linking Systems of Care to Promote Health: Justification and Need
2. Addressing Healthcare Issues across Settings
II. Developing Intervention Strategies
3. Designing Interventions: Integrating Assessment Paradigms
4. Integrating Children with Health Problems into School
5. Promoting Intervention Adherence: Linking Systems to Promote Collaborative Management
6. Managing and Evaluating Pharmacological Interventions
III. Developing Prevention Strategies
7. Developing Selective and Indicated Prevention Programs
8. Developing Universal Prevention Programs
9. Evaluating Programs of Prevention
IV. Planning for the Future
10. Preparing Psychologists to Integrate Systems of Care
11. Forming Partnerships to Integrate Research and Practice
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >