- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Assessment plays a key role in institutions of higher education. However, many colleges and universities simply add their assessment plans onto other teaching, learning, service, and research activities in order to prepare for an impending accreditation visit. In this important resource, Catherine M. Wehlburg outlines an integrated and ongoing system for assessment that both prepares for an accreditation visit and truly enhances student learning. This innovative approach can be adapted for use in a wide variety of situations to transform a department or an entire institution.
About the Author.
1. What Is Transformative Assessment?
2. Transformative Assessment: A Historical Perspective.
3. Institutional Dynamics: Using Organizational Structure andCampus Climate.
4. Encouraging Faculty Support for TransformativeAssessment.
5. Transformative Assessment Across Student and AcademicAffairs.
6. Aligning Institutional Mission with Assessment: Elements of aMeaningful Institutional Effectiveness Program.
7. Institutional Implementation of TransformativeAssessment.
8. Embedding Transformative Assessment Activities Across theInstitution.
9. Transformative Assessment as a Method to Support OngoingAccreditation and Accountability.
10. The Future of Transformative Assessment in HigherEducation.