- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Assessment plays a key role in institutions of higher education. However, many colleges and universities simply add their assessment plans onto other teaching, learning, service, and research activities in order to prepare for an impending accreditation visit. In this important resource, Catherine M. Wehlburg outlines an integrated and ongoing system for assessment that both prepares for an accreditation visit and truly enhances student learning. This innovative approach can be adapted for use in a wide variety of situations to transform a department or an entire institution.
About the Author.
1. What Is Transformative Assessment?
2. Transformative Assessment: A Historical Perspective.
3. Institutional Dynamics: Using Organizational Structure and Campus Climate.
4. Encouraging Faculty Support for Transformative Assessment.
5. Transformative Assessment Across Student and Academic Affairs.
6. Aligning Institutional Mission with Assessment: Elements of a Meaningful Institutional Effectiveness Program.
7. Institutional Implementation of Transformative Assessment.
8. Embedding Transformative Assessment Activities Across the Institution.
9. Transformative Assessment as a Method to Support Ongoing Accreditation and Accountability.
10. The Future of Transformative Assessment in Higher Education.