Proteomics for Biological Discovery / Edition 1by Timothy D. Veenstra, John R. Yates
Pub. Date: 06/23/2006
Written by recognized experts in the study of proteins, Proteomics for Biological Discovery begins by discussing the emergence of proteomics from genome sequencing projects and a summary of potential answers to be gained from proteome-level research. The tools of proteomics, from conventional to novel techniques, are then dealt with in terms of/b>/i>… See more details below
Written by recognized experts in the study of proteins, Proteomics for Biological Discovery begins by discussing the emergence of proteomics from genome sequencing projects and a summary of potential answers to be gained from proteome-level research. The tools of proteomics, from conventional to novel techniques, are then dealt with in terms of underlying concepts, limitations and future directions. An invaluable source of information, this title also provides a thorough overview of the current developments in post-translational modification studies, structural proteomics, biochemical proteomics, microfabrication, applied proteomics, and bioinformatics relevant to proteomics.
- Presents a comprehensive and coherent review of the major issues faced in terms of technology development, bioinformatics, strategic approaches, and applications
- Chapters offer a rigorous overview with summary of limitations, emerging approaches, questions, and realistic future industry and basic science applications
- Discusses higher level integrative aspects, including technical challenges and applications for drug discovery
- Accessible to the novice while providing experienced investigators essential information
Proteomics for Biological Discovery is an essential resource for students, postdoctoral fellows, and researchers across all fields of biomedical research, including biochemistry, protein chemistry, molecular genetics, cell/developmental biology, and bioinformatics.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.79(w) x 10.12(h) x 0.66(d)
Table of Contents
Genomics: Where We Are and Where Are We Going (T. Pawson).
PART I: FOUNDATIONS OF PROTEOMICS.
1. Mass Spectrometry: The Foundations of Proteomics (T. Veenstra).
2. Proteomic Analysis by Two-Dimensional Polycrylamide Gel Electrophoresis (J. Celis).
3. Isotope Labeling in Quantitative Proteomics (C. Fenselau).
4. Proteome Analysis of Post-Translational Modifications (T. Veenstra).
5. Technologies for Large Scale Proteomic Tandem Mass Spectrometry (J. Yates).
6. Protein Fractionation Methods for Proteomics (T. Rabilloud).
PART II: FUNCTIONAL PROTEOMICS.
7. Protein Localization by Cell Imaging (T. Davis).
8. Characterization of Functional Protein Complexes (C. Robinson).
9. Structural Proteomics by NMR (M. Clore).
PART III: NOVEL APPROACHES IN PROTEOMICS.
10. Protein Microarrays (D. Munroe).
11. Microfluidics (C. Lee).
12. Single Cell Proteomics (N. Dovichi).
13. Diagnostic Proteomics (H. Issaq).
14. Automation in Proteomics (T. Veenstra).
15. Bioinformatics (D. Liebler).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >