- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This text emphasizes the importance of critical thinking and the integration of culture and gender in the science of psychology. NOW AUTOMATICALLY PACKAGED with MyPsychLab. Every copy of Psychology, 9e MyPsychLab comes with access to MyPsychLab and a laminated study sheet for students.
Well-known for its pioneering focus on the development of critical thinking skills crucial to students' success in college and in later life, Psychology by Wade & Tavris is also widely regarded for the liveliness, warmth, and clarity of its writing style. Continuing its tradition of integrating gender, culture, and ethnicity throughout the text, Psychology provides a comprehensive introduction to the field.
AN INVITATION TO PSYCHOLOGY.
1. The Science of Psychology.
2. How Psychologists Do Research.
BIOLOGY AND BEHAVIOR.
3. Evolution, Genes, and Behavior.
4. Neurons, Hormones, and the Brain.
5. Body Rhythms and Mental States.
6. Sensation and Perception.
THE ENVIRONMENT AND BEHAVIOR.
7. Learning and Conditioning.
8. Behavior in Social and Cultural Context.
THINKING AND FEELING.
9. Thinking and Intelligence.
THE DEVELOPING PERSON.
13. Theories of Personality.
14. Development Over the Lifespan.
HEALTH AND DISORDER.
15. Health, Stress and Coping.
16. Psychological Disorders.
17. Approaches to Treatment and Therapy.
EPILOGUE: TAKING PSYCHOLOGY WITH YOU.
Appendix: Statistical Methods.