- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
1. Healing and Heuristic Potential of Nonordinary States of Consciousness
2. Cartography of the Human Psyche: Biographical, Perinatal, and Transpersonal Domains
3. Architecture of Emotional and Psychosomatic Disorders
4. Spiritual Emergency: Understanding and Treatment of Crises of Transformation
5. New Perspectives in Psychotherapy and Self-Exploration
6. Spirituality and Religion
7. The Experience of Death and Dying: Psychological, Philosophical, and Spiritual Perspectives
8. The Cosmic Game: Exploration of the Farthest Reaches of Human Consciousness
9. Consciousness Evolution and Human Survival: Transpersonal Perspective on the Global Crisis
About the Author
Posted July 24, 2000
I was fortunate to read an advance copy of this book. It is a concise, clear, and exciting synthesis of Grof's decades of research and many theoretical gifts to our field. Using compelling examples he describes holotropic (nonordinary) experiences and the need to depathologize them in life and in the therapy office. He integrates his theories with birth, death and dying and the cosmic game (play) of life. His vision is broader than individual therapy, and he also discusses the possible beneficial implications of profound inner work on aspects of our global crisis. He calls very specifically for revisions in the theory and practice of psychology and psychiatry. Grof articulates the next giant step for psychology as did the radical theories of Freud and Jung in their time. You might want a hardback copy of this one for your library.
2 out of 2 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.