Curious what a certain term means in a book contract? Not sure what the difference is between an easy reader and a picture book? Can't tell a Newbery from a Nebula?
Pub Speak: A Writer's Dictionary of Publishing Terms is a dictionary for both new and established authors that contains over 400 definitions, including:
- contract and royalty terms
- ebooks and audiobooks
- fiction and non-fiction
- publishing terms
- retailers, book clubs, wholesalers and distributors
- social networking and collaborative publishing
- trade associations, events and publications
- writer's organizations, awards and publications
Praise for Pub Speak:
"Pub Speak: A Writer's Dictionary of Publishing Terms is a veritable catalogue of acronyms, technical words, and even common awards and associations that every writer, editor, publisher, and publicist of the English language should know.
...The writing style and the formatting pair nicely, resulting in an aesthetically pleasing and informative book that would be a great addition to anyone's reference shelf."
--Trees and Ink