2. Finding a Practical Approach to Public Involvement.
3. First Steps in Public Participation in Decision Making.
4. Defining the Relevant Publics.
5. Sharing Decision-Making Authority with the Public.
6. Involving the Public for Information Only.
7. Involving the Public to Build Acceptance.
8. Building Strong Relationships with Citizens.
9. New Forms of Public Involvement.
10. Public Involvement and the Effective Public Manager.
Appendix: A. Testing and Refining the Effective Decision Model.
Appendix: B. Public Involvement Cases.