- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
A straightforward and practical guide for public managers in which he outlines a strategic approach to public involvement in government decision making. Public Participation in Public Decisions prepares public managers for the difficult task of involving citizens more fully in the affairs of government while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. In easy-to-understand terms, he presents the "Effective Decision Model of Public Involvement" that managers will find to be an invaluable asset when making decisions about when and how to involve the public.
1. The Challenge of the New Public Involvement.
2. Finding a Practical Approach to Public Involvement.
3. First Steps in Public Participation in Decision Making.
4. Defining the Relevant Publics.
5. Sharing Decision-Making Authority with the Public.
6. Involving the Public for Information Only.
7. Involving the Public to Build Acceptance.
8. Building Strong Relationships with Citizens.
9. New Forms of Public Involvement.
10. Public Involvement and the Effective Public Manager.
Appendix: A. Testing and Refining the Effective Decision Model.
Appendix: B. Public Involvement Cases.