1. Introduction to the Scope of Public Sector Economics.
2. The Economic Rationale of the Modern State.
3. The Economic Analysis of Public Goods.
4. Collective Choice.
5. Theoretical and Empirical Analysis of Public Expenditure Growth.
6. Public Expenditure and Taxation in the UK.
7. Budgets, Bureaucrats and Efficiency.
8. Project Appraisal.
9. Fiscal Decentralization.
10. Taxation: An Introduction.
11. Partial Equilibrium Analysis of Taxation I: Taxes on Single Industries.
12. Partial Equilibrium Analysis of Taxation II: Modelling the Effects of Tax Policy.
13. General Equilibrium Analysis of Taxation.
14. Optimal Income Taxation.
15. Distribution of Income in the UK.
16. Income Taxation.
17. Income Taxation and the Work/Leisure Choice.
18. Measures to Reduce Poverty.
19. Taxation and the Consumption/Savings Choice.
20. Taxation of Goods and Services.
21. Taxation of Corporations.
22. Taxation of Wealth.