Pulmonary/Respiratory Therapy Secrets / Edition 3by Polly E. Parsons
Pub. Date: 06/01/2006
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This volume in the very popular Secrets Series® is back in an exciting, updated, and completely redesigned 3rd Edition. A new, two-color page layout, a more portable size, and a list of the "Top 100 Secrets" in pulmonary medicine help you better meet the challenges you face daily. You will still find all of the features you have come to rely on in the Secrets… See more details below
This volume in the very popular Secrets Series® is back in an exciting, updated, and completely redesigned 3rd Edition. A new, two-color page layout, a more portable size, and a list of the "Top 100 Secrets" in pulmonary medicine help you better meet the challenges you face daily. You will still find all of the features you have come to rely on in the Secrets Series-a questions- and answer-format, lists, mnemonics, tables, and an informal tone that make reference fast and easy. No matter what questions arise in practice or while preparing for boards, this 3rd edition has the answers-in print and online.
• Includes a list of the "Top 100 Secrets" to keep in mind during residency and practice.
• Features a new, more compact size for enhanced portability.
• Makes information easy to find with a new, two-color page layout and "Key Point" boxes.
• Identifies useful websites that help you obtain additional information on a specific topic and provides live links in the online version.
• Now includes STUDENT CONSULT access! www.studentconsult is an innovative website that allows you to build a personalized, fully integrated online library, where you'll find...
• The entire contents of every STUDENT CONSULT title you purchase.
• Integration links to bonus content in other STUDENT CONSULT titles.
• Powerful search capabilities- View all excerpts relevant to keyword or subject searches (up to 300 words per hit) from every book in the series.
• Image library.
• POCKETConsult-Download portions of your personal library onto your handheld.
• Student resources-Sharpen your skills, stay informed, and have fun!
Table of Contents
|1||Taking the pulmonary history||11|
|5||Pulmonary disability evaluation||32|
|6||Preoperative assessment of the pulmonary patient||38|
|7||Postoperative pulmonary care||44|
|9||Computed tomography scans and ultrasound||65|
|10||Pulmonary angiography and magnetic resonance imaging of the chest||72|
|11||Arterial blood gases||79|
|13||Pulmonary function testing||91|
|14||Clinical exercise testing||101|
|15||Thoracentesis and percutaneous pleural biopsy||111|
|19||Flow-directed pulmonary artery catheters||135|
|23||Chronic obstructive lung disease||162|
|32||Empyema and lung abscess||232|
|35||Infectious pulmonary complications of HIV infection||255|
|36||Noninfectious pulmonary complications of HIV infection||263|
|38||Nonthrombotic pulmonary emboli||285|
|40||General approaches to interstitial lung disease||301|
|42||Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis||323|
|43||Collagen vascular disease||328|
|44||Bronchiolitis, bronchiolitis obliterans, and small airway disease||333|
|45||Small vessel vasculitis : Wegener's granulomatosis, microscopic polyangiitis, and Churg-Strauss syndrome||341|
|46||Diffuse alveolar hemorrhage||347|
|47||Sleep apnea syndromes||353|
|49||Silicosis, coal workers' pneumoconiosis, and chronic beryllium disease||373|
|50||Asbestos-related lung disease||380|
|51||Hypersensitivity pneumonitis and other disorders caused by organic agents||388|
|53||Drug-induced lung disease||402|
|54||Radiation injury to the lung||408|
|56||Solitary pulmonary nodules||419|
|58||Malignant pleural effusions||437|
|59||Systemic complications of lung cancer||443|
|60||Benign neoplasms of the lung||448|
|61||Pulmonary metastatic disease||453|
|62||Acute respiratory failure||459|
|63||Acute respiratory distress syndrome||469|
|67||Traditional invasive ventilation||501|
|68||Alternative invasive ventilatory strategies||511|
|70||Chronic ventilatory support||527|
|76||Pulmonary manifestations of systemic disease||577|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >