- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
The Second Edition of Qualitative Communication Research Methods takes readers through every step of the qualitative research process — from the research idea to the finished report. Unique for its coverage of the entire discipline of Communication, this text now includes a new chapter on computer-mediated communication (identities, relationships, and communities) as well as fully updated and expanded key topics including: developing research questions, coding data, using computers in analysis, and transcription. Processes covered in the text include interviewing, writing field notes, and creating ethical relationships with participants.
Qualitative Communication Research Methods, Second Edition, provides students with numerous examples of work in the field illustrating how studies are designed, carried out, written, evaluated, and applied to theory. This interesting and accessible text provides a rewarding and challenging introduction to qualitative methodology.
1. Introduction to Qualitative Research
2. Theoretical Traditions and Qualitative Communication Research
3. Design I: Planning
4. Design II: Getting Started
5. Observing, Learning, and Reporting
6. Asking, Listening, and Telling
7. Qualitative Analysis and Interpretation
8. Qualitative Research and Computer Mediated Communication
9. Authoring and Writing