Qualitative Research Design: An Interactive Approach / Edition 2by Joseph A. Maxwell
Pub. Date: 11/28/2004
Publisher: Sage Publications (CA)
Qualitative Research Design: An Interactive Approach, Second Edition provides researchers and students witha user-friendly, step-by-step guide to planning qualitative research. A bestseller in its First Edition, this invaluable book presents an innovative approach to the components of design and how they interact with each other. The text presents a clear strategy for creating coherent and workable relationships among these design components and highlights key design issues. Based on a course the author taught for seven years at the Harvard Graduate School of Education, the work is written in an informal, jargon-free style and incorporates many examples and hands-on exercises.
Table of ContentsPreface
Preface to the First Edition
1. A Model for Qualitative Research Design
2. Goals: Why Are You Doing This Study?
3. Conceptual Framework: What Do You Think Is Going On?
4. Research Questions: What Do You Want to Understand?
5. Methods: What Will You Actually Do?
6. Validity: How Might You Be Wrong?
7. Research Proposals: Presenting and Justifying a Qualitative Study
Appendix: An Example of a Qualitative Proposal
About the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >