- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This book aims to productively engage the pioneering work of Queer theorists and point toe way towards a new sociological Queer studies.
Series Editor's Preface.
Introduction by Steven Seidman.
Part I: Sociological Perspectives on Homosexual Desire:.
1. The homosexual role: Mary McIntosh.
2. The construction of homosexuality: Jeffrey Weeks.
3. Symbolic interactionism and the forms of homosexuality: Ken Plummer.
4. Capitialism, bureaucracy, and male homosexuality: David Greenburg and Marcia Bystryn.
5. Structural foundations of the gay world: Barry Adam.
Part II: Sociology/Queer Theory: A Dialogue:.
6. I can't even think straight: queer theory and the missing sexual revolution in sociology: Arlene Stein and Ken Plummer.
7. A queer encounter: sociology and study of sexuality: Steven Epstein.
8. The heterosexual imaginary: feminist sociology and theories of gender: Crys Ingraham.
9. The politics of inside/out: queer theory, poststructuralism, and a sociological approach to sexuality: Ki Namaste.
10. A place in the rainbow: theorizing lesbian and gay culture: Jancie Irvine.
Part III: Queer Sociological Approaches: Identity & Society: .
11. Maiden voyage: excursion into sexuality and identity politics in Asian America: Dana Takagi.
12. A certain swagger when I walk: performing lesbian identity: Kristin Esterberg.
13. Containing AIDS: Magic Johnson and post (Reagan) American: Cheryl Cole.
14. The dilemma of identity: bisexuality in the heterosexual matrix: Amber Ault.
Part IV: Queer Sociological Approaches: Identity & Politics:.
15. Postmodernism and queer identities: Scott Bravmann.
16. Contested membership: black gay identities and the politics of AIDS: Cathy Cohen.
17. Must identity movements self destruct? A queer dilemma: Joshua Gamson.
18. The depoliticization of Dutch gay identity of why Dutch gays aren't queer: Jan Willem Duyvendak.