Queueing Modelling Fundamentals / Edition 1by Chee Hock Ng, Chee H. Ng, Ng
Pub. Date: 01/28/1997
Queueing analysis is a vital tool used in the evaluation of system performance. Applications of queueing analysis cover a wide spectrum, from bank automated teller machines, to transportation and communications data networks. An introductory text, this book focuses on queueing modelling techniques and applications of data networks, examining the underlying principles of isolated queueing systems. Features include:
- Introductory chapter on pre-requisite mathematical tools
- Discussion of Markovian queueing systems, emphasising derivation techniques used to measure system performance
- Analysis of the open queueing network with a single class customer, introducing the Jackson queueing networks
- Focus on the emerging class of arrival processes, such as Markovmodulated arrival process
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.19(w) x 9.30(h) x 0.72(d)
Table of Contents
Introduction to Queueing Systems.
Discrete and Continuous Markov Processes.
Single-queue Markovian Systems.
Semi-Markovian Queueing Systems.
Open Queueing Networks.
Closed Queueing Networks.
Markov-modulated Arrival Process.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >