Quick Access with APA Updates and Companion Website Subscription / Edition 3by Lynn Quitman Troyka
This quick reference handbook offers the same user-friendly approach widely hailed in Troyka's other best-selling handbookswith additional features that allow writers to access information quickly. Additional content on such topics as critical thinking and grammar basics, makes this an even more complete manual. /u>/i>/i>/u>/i>/i>/u>/i>/i>… See more details below
This quick reference handbook offers the same user-friendly approach widely hailed in Troyka's other best-selling handbookswith additional features that allow writers to access information quickly. Additional content on such topics as critical thinking and grammar basics, makes this an even more complete manual. Coverage includes the writing process itself; thinking and reading reflectively; grammar basics; effective sentences and words; punctuation; spelling and mechanics; research writing; MLA, APA, CM, and CBE documentation; and tips for multilingual writers. For writers looking for information to help them become better writerswho want to spend more time learning and less time looking.
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.60(w) x 8.82(h) x 1.03(d)
Table of ContentsTHINKING AND READING REFLECTIVELY.
1. Thinking Reflectively.
2. Reading Reflectively.
4. Distinguishing Between Summary and Synthesis
II. WRITING PROCESS.
5. Getting Started.
7. Revising, Editing, Proofreading.
8. Composing Paragraphs.
9. Arranging Essays.
11. Coordination and Subordination.
12. Sentence Style.
13. Sentence Fragments.
14. Comma Splices and Run-On Sentences.
15. Shifting and Disjointed Sentences.
16. Misplaced and Dangling Modifiers.
17. Usage Glossary.
18. Word Meanings and Word Impact.
19. Gender-Neutral Language.
21. Starting a Research Project.
22. Finding and Evaluating Traditional and Online Sources.
23. Extracting Information from Sources.
24. Using Sources and Avoiding Plagiarism.
25. Drafting and Revising a Research Paper.
VI. MLA DOCUMENTATION.
26. MLA In-Text Citations.
27. MLA Works Cited List.
28. A Student's MLA Research Paper.
VII. APA, CM, CBE DOCUMENTATION.
29. APA In-Text Citations.
30. APA References List.
31. A Student's APA Research Paper.
32. CM-Style Documentation.
33. CBE-Style Documentation.
VII. DOCUMENT DESIGN.
34. Producing Effective Documents.
35. Principles of Document Design.
36. Academic and Business Documents.
37. Online Documents.
IX. GRAMMAR BASICS.
38. Parts of Speech and Parts of Sentences.
40. Subject-Verb Agreement.
41. Pronouns: Agreement, Reference, Case.
42. Using Adjectives and Adverbs.
X. TIPS FOR MULTILINGUAL WRITERS.
43. Singulars and Plurals.
45. Word Order.
47. Gerunds and Infinitives.
48. Modal Auxiliary Verbs.
XI. PUNCTUATION AND MECHANICS.
53. Quotation Marks.
54. End Punctuation.
55. Other Punctuation Marks.
Terms Glossary and Index.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >