Quick and Easy Medical Terminology / Edition 4by Peggy C. Leonard
Pub. Date: 02/03/2003
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This innovative, "quick and easy" approach helps students quickly learn simple, basic tools for good communication in the health care environment. With the 90-minute audiotape and the practice CD-ROM included with the book, students begin to read, write, and speak medical terms in the shortest time possible. The book begins with familiar terms and builds medical
This innovative, "quick and easy" approach helps students quickly learn simple, basic tools for good communication in the health care environment. With the 90-minute audiotape and the practice CD-ROM included with the book, students begin to read, write, and speak medical terms in the shortest time possible. The book begins with familiar terms and builds medical terminology knowledge by progressively introducing new root words, prefixes, and suffixes. Small segments of information are presented and immediately reinforced with activities and exercises - in a body system organization that lets readers complete chapters in any order after the initial introductory chapters.
• Programmed method of learning provides interactive, self-testing materials for immediate feedback that improves comprehension - perfect for self-study or classroom-based instruction.
• An audiotape included with the book allows users to hear pronunciations of the terms in each chapter.
• A practice CD-ROM included with the book provides exercises and an audio glossary of pronunciations that helps the user connect the sight and sound of a word.
• Labeling exercises ask students to fill in blank labels on illustrations, reinforcing important information.
• Spanish terms and pronunciations are included in each chapter to prepare the student for communicating with the Hispanic population.
• A new chapter devoted to the integumentary system has been added, featuring full-color illustrations that help readers learn terminology related to the skin.
• A new challenge chapter covers difficult concepts related to the nervous system and the endocrine system.
• A full-color design and more than 100 full-color illustrations allow easier navigation within chapters and provide visual involvement with the chapter content.
• Body system organization allows chapters to be studied in any order after the first three chapters are completed, so instructors can coordinate other course material such as anatomy and physiology with their medical terminology class.
• Additional pharmacology content in the appendix presents clear information in a convenient format for easy reference.
• Expanded abbreviations appendix includes more abbreviations and definitions that are key to understand medical charting and reports.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Fourth Edition Paperback & CD and Tape
- Product dimensions:
- 4.26(w) x 9.24(h) x 1.11(d)
Table of Contents
SECTION I – ORIENTATION
1. Essential Information for Learning by this Quick and Easy Method
2. Using Suffixes and Combining Forms to Write Medical Terms
3. Using Prefixes, Suffixes, and Combining Forms to Write Medical Terms
SECTION II – Organization of the Body and Body Systems
4. Organization of the Body
5. The Skeletal and Muscular Systems
6. The Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
7. The Respiratory System
8. The Digestive System
9. The Urinary System
10. The Reproductive System
11. The Integumentary System
SECTION III – Challenge Chapter
12. Additional Body Systems: Nervous System and Psychological Disorders, and the Endocrine System
SECTION IV – Self-Test Chapter
Review of Chapters 1-12
SECTION V – APPENDIXES
A. Physician Specialties
B. Medical Abbreviations
C. Pharmacological Terms, Drugs, and Uses
D. Spanish Translation of Selected Terms
E. Translation of Selected Spanish Terms
F. Glossary of Word Parts
G. Word Parts – English to Greek or Latin
H. Answers to Exercises
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >