QuickBooks All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummiesby Stephen L. Nelson
- An Accounting Primer that
One of the principles of good business and good money management is to make the most of what you have. QuickBooks All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies helps you make the most of QuickBooks business accounting software. Updated to cover changes and enhancements to the software, it combines eight quick reference guides:
- An Accounting Primer that covers basic principles, double-entry bookkeeping, and special accounting problems
- Getting Ready to Use QuickBooks with information on setting up QuickBooks, loading the master file lists, and fine-tuning QuickBooks
- Bookkeeping Chores, covering invoicing customers, paying vendors, tracking inventory, and more
- Accounting Chores including financial statements, reports, and budgets, using activity-based costing, and setting up project and job costing systems
- Financial Management such as ratio analysis, economic value-added analysis, and capital budgeting
- Business Plans, featuring profit-volume-cost analysis, forecasting, and writing a business plan
- Care and Maintenance, with information on protecting data, troubleshooting, and more
- Additional Business Resources including a crash course in Excel, a glossary, and more
Written by veteran Dummies author Stephen L. Nelson, MBA, CPA, and author of more than 100 books with more than four million copies in print, QuickBooks All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies goes beyond the basics of how to use QuickBooks and provides expert advice on accounting chores, financial management, business planning, and much more. With a comprehensive index, it’s your instant, at-your-fingertips reference for everything from how to handle everyday accounting tasks to long-term planning for your business.
- Fine-tune QuickBooks for your business and your accounting systems
- Calculate breakeven points
- Budget for capital expenditures
- Take advantage of online banking
There’s even a companion Web site where you can take advantage of a sample business plan workbook and download a profit-volume cost analysis workbook. You won’t find a more comprehensive, authoritative, yet understandable guide to QuickBooks.
Meet the Author
Stephen L. Nelson, MBA, CPA, provides business advisory, tax planning, and tax preparation services to small businesses. He is also an adjunct professor teaching graduate tax courses at Golden Gate University.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >