- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Featuring an introduction to the history of Christmas carols; Quizmas-style questions organized by era, region, and genre; and ...
Featuring an introduction to the history of Christmas carols; Quizmas-style questions organized by era, region, and genre; and interesting stories about the carols themselves; Quizmas Carols covers every favorite tune, from “The First Noel” to “The Chipmunk Song.”
Do you know:
* What carol was written by a newspaper reporter?
* Which Judy Garland movie introduced “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”?
* Which carol became a hymn against slavery in its English translation?
* In which European city Handel’s “Messiah” was first performed?
* Which cowboy movie star wrote “Here Comes Santa Claus”?
Full of little-known facts and merry multiple-choice answers, Quizmas Carols is the perfect stocking stuffer for anyone who loves the music of Christmas.
[Answers: “We Three Kings of Orient Are,” Meet Me in St. Louis, “O Holy Night,” Dublin, Gene Autry]
Posted August 24, 2011
I was expecting a book of actual Christmas Carols so I was disappointed this book. But if you would like a book with pop quizzes of around 55 questions after almost every chapter then this book is for you. Oh yes, lots of questions with a Carol thrown in here and thereWas this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.