GORDON PAPE and his daughter DEBORAH KERBEL are the authors of Quizmas. Both have spent many Christmases playing Quizmas with family and friends.
Quizmas Carols: Family Trivia Fun with Classic Christmas Songsby Gordon Pape
Featuring an introduction to the history of Christmas carols; Quizmas-style questions organized by era, region, and genre; and interesting/i>/i>
In this fun and festive follow-up to Plume’s popular Quizmas and Family Quizmas trivia books, Gordon Pape and Deborah Kerbel turn to the holiday season’s best-loved songs.
Featuring an introduction to the history of Christmas carols; Quizmas-style questions organized by era, region, and genre; and interesting stories about the carols themselves; Quizmas Carols covers every favorite tune, from “The First Noel” to “The Chipmunk Song.”
Do you know:
* What carol was written by a newspaper reporter?
* Which Judy Garland movie introduced “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”?
* Which carol became a hymn against slavery in its English translation?
* In which European city Handel’s “Messiah” was first performed?
* Which cowboy movie star wrote “Here Comes Santa Claus”?
Full of little-known facts and merry multiple-choice answers, Quizmas Carols is the perfect stocking stuffer for anyone who loves the music of Christmas.
[Answers: “We Three Kings of Orient Are,” Meet Me in St. Louis, “O Holy Night,” Dublin, Gene Autry]
- Penguin Publishing Group
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Penguin Group
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 576 KB
- Age Range:
- 18 Years
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews