- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Foreword to the Second Edition by Ken Wilber Foreword to the First Edition by Herbert Guenther Introduction: The roots of consciousness I Complexity
1. Minding Consciousness: Consciousness and mind
2. The Fire and the Rose: Beauty in chaos
3. Like a City Built across the Ages: Consciousness and the brain II Evolution
4. Here and Elsewhere: Historical tales of evolution
5. The Ever-Present Origin: The diaphanous landscape of Jean Gebser
6. They Climb Indra Like a Ladder: The Myriad Tiers of Being
7. All Quadrants, All Levels: From Eden to the Grand Integral Vision III Emergence
8. Right in Front of our Eyes: The perennial philosophy
9. A Benchmark for Evolution: Complexity, evolution, and the farther reaches of human nature
10. While the Mind is Utterly Indivisible: Unconscious thoughts
11. A Condition of Complete Simplicity: Conscious evolution and spiritual practice
12. Living the Integral Life Epilogue Appendix I: Technical Terms Appendix II: States, Structures, and Lines: A Conversation with Ken Wilber Endnotes Quotation Sources Bibliography Index.
The Radiance of Being is a very exciting book, reflecting a very exciting time in the exploration of consciousness and evolution.& The death of deconstructive postmodernism has signaled the rebirth of big pictures and grand visions. The Radiance of Being isabout various leading-edge approaches to these grand visionsvisions big enough to include the best of premodern, modern, and postmodern insights into consciousness, evolution, and the nature of the human soul and spirit.
I believe that we of today do indeed face an opportunity unique in history: the chance to create maps, models, and practices that embrace the entire sweep of human possibilities. The Radiance of Being is a wonderful guide to the very best of these more integral approachesapproaches that cover not just theory but also practice: not merely ways to think about this vast potential, but ways to actualize it, realize it, live it and breathe it as part of one's own extraordinary birthright, even here and now.