Radiographic Pathology for Technologists / Edition 5by Nina Kowalczyk, James D. Mace
Pub. Date: 01/22/2008
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Radiographic Pathology for Technologists, 6th Edition concisely covers the injuries and abnormalities most frequently diagnosed using medical imaging to prepare you for what you are most likely to encounter on the job. This essential text also features background discussions of key anatomy and physiology principles, along with imaging considerations for each/b>… See more details below
Radiographic Pathology for Technologists, 6th Edition concisely covers the injuries and abnormalities most frequently diagnosed using medical imaging to prepare you for what you are most likely to encounter on the job. This essential text also features background discussions of key anatomy and physiology principles, along with imaging considerations for each disease categorized by type followed by a description of its radiographic appearance, signs and symptoms, and treatment.
• Concise coverage presents approximately 150 injuries and abnormalities most frequently diagnosed using medical imaging to keep you focused on what you are most likely to encounter in practice.
• Correlative and differential diagnosis discussions explain the diagnostic process and demonstrate the importance of high quality images.
• Chapter outlines and objectives, key terms, and multiple choice and discussion questions for each chapter with answers provided in the back of the text highlight the most important concepts within each chapter.
• Summary tables at the end of each chapter list pathologies covered and the preferred imaging modalities for diagnosis.
• Trauma chapter emphasizes the multi-system implications of traumatic injuries.
• NEW! Replacement images and illustrations reflect current practice for general radiography and alternative modalities, such as CT, MR, and fusion imaging.
• NEW! Updated coverage of digital radiography gives you the most up-to-date information on 3-D reconstructions, PET imaging, molecular imaging, monoclonal antibody technology, advances in cardiac imaging, and fusion technologies.
• NEW! Information on the Human Genome Project in introductory chapter reflects advances in molecular medical leading to more personalized treatment of disease.
• NEW! Virtual endoscopic images in GI chapter illustrate the latest in endoscopic imaging techniques.
• NEW! Coverage of interventional procedures in hepatobiliary and urinary systems help you diagnose and treat patients using the least invasive techniques.
• NEW! Expansion of neoplastic disease content in respiratory system chapter highlights the important role radiographic pathology plays in diagnosis and treatment.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.40(w) x 9.20(h) x 0.50(d)
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Pathology 2. Skeletal System 3. Respiratory System 4. Cardiovascular System 5. Abdomen and Gastrointestinal System 6. Hepatobiliary System 7. Urinary System 8. Central Nervous System 9. Hemopoietic System 10. Reproductive System 11. Endocrine System 12. Traumatic Disease
Answer Key Glossary Image Credits and Courtesies Bibliography Index
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >