Radiology for the Dental Professional / Edition 9by Herbert H. Frommer, Jeanine J. Stabulas-Savage
A complete guide to radiology principles and techniques, Radiology for the Dental Professional, 9th Edition helps you develop imaging skills through practical application. Detailed step-by-step procedures demonstrate proper techniques; photos and illustrations improve comprehension and readability. Written by Herbert H. Frommer, DDS, and Jeanine J. Stabulas,/b>… See more details below
A complete guide to radiology principles and techniques, Radiology for the Dental Professional, 9th Edition helps you develop imaging skills through practical application. Detailed step-by-step procedures demonstrate proper techniques; photos and illustrations improve comprehension and readability. Written by Herbert H. Frommer, DDS, and Jeanine J. Stabulas, RDH, BS, MPH, this book will help you interpret radiographs, and troubleshoot and prevent common errors. For students, it's an ideal introduction to radiology; for dental hygiene/assisting professionals, it's a great review!
• A logical organization starts with the basics and makes it easier to progress through the material.
• Procedures boxes show detailed radiography procedures with illustrations and photos to demonstrate proper techniques.
• Common Errors boxes explain mistakes in radiographic techniques and describe how they can be resolved.
• Advantages/Disadvantages boxes compare and contrast the good and bad elements of radiographic techniques.
• Detailed outlines and educational objectives at the beginning of each chapter identify the information that you are expected to learn.
• Key terms are listed at the beginning of each chapter and highlighted upon first mention in the text.
• Expanded coverage of digital imaging techniques.
• Patient Management and Special Problems chapter improves coverage of nervous patients, patients with special needs, pediatric patients, and specific problems such as endodontic issues and third molars.
• New illustrations depict techniques and show the latest technology.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
1 Ionizing Radiation and Basic Principles of X-Ray Generation 1
2 The Dental X-Ray Machine 21
3 Image Formation 37
4 Image Receptors 53
5 Biologic Effects of Radiation 67
6 Patient Protection 87
7 Operator Protection 105
8 Film Processing: The Darkroom 113
9 Infection Control in Dental Practice 149
10 Intraoral Technique: The Paralleling Method 165
11 Accessory Radiographic Techniques: Bisecting Technique and Occlusal Projections 211
12 Panoramic Radiography 233
13 Extraoral Techniques 263
14 Radiography of the Temporomandibular Joint 277
15 Digital Imaging 287
16 Advanced Imaging Systems 309
17 Quality Assurance 323
18 Patient Management and Special Problems 331
19 Film Mounting and Radiographic Anatomy 359
20 Principles of Radiographic Interpretation 393
21 Caries and Periodontal Disease 401
22 Pulpal and Periapical Lesions 421
23 Developmental Disturbances of Teeth and Bone 435
24 Bone and Other lesions 457
25 Legal Considerations 469
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >