Mark J. Camp is a geology professor at the University of Toledo, a lifelong Toledo resident, and a longtime railroad historian. He serves as a national director of the Railroad Station Historical Society.
Railroad Depots of Northwest Ohioby Mark J. Camp
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Chartered as early as 1832, Northwestern Ohio railroads were among the first in the Midwest. Toledo, a rapidly developing lake port at the mouth of the Maumee River, was the destination point for many lines; others were just passing through on their way to Chicago and points west. By 1907, 20 lines served the northwestern counties. All had a series of stations along their lines, often with depots or other railroad structures. Although many have come and gone, Northwest Ohio was once home to over 250 passenger or combination depots serving the traveling public. Railroad Depots of Northwest Ohio relives the golden age of railroad travel through vintage postcards and mid-20th century photos of selected depots and related structures.
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >