Raj's Practical Management of Pain / Edition 4by Honorio Benzon, James P. Rathmell, Dennis C. Turk, Charles E. Argoff
Pub. Date: 03/07/2008
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Get the core knowledge in pain medicine you need from one of the most trusted resources in the field. The new fourth edition guides you through every aspect of pain medicine with concise descriptions of evaluation, diagnosis of pain syndromes, rationales for management, treatment modalities, and much more. From commonly seen pain syndromes, including headaches,
Get the core knowledge in pain medicine you need from one of the most trusted resources in the field. The new fourth edition guides you through every aspect of pain medicine with concise descriptions of evaluation, diagnosis of pain syndromes, rationales for management, treatment modalities, and much more. From commonly seen pain syndromes, including headaches, trunk pain, orofacial pain, back pain, and extremity pain…through specific pain management challenges such as postoperative pain, pain due to cancer, phantom pain, and pain in the management of AIDS patients…this popular text will equip you with the know-how you need to effectively manage even your most challenging cases.
• A practical, multidisciplinary approach to pain management makes key concepts and techniques easier to apply to everyday practice.
• Expert contributors provide the latest knowledge on all aspects of pain management, from general principles through to specific management techniques.
• Detailed discussions of the latest concepts and treatment plans help you provide the best possible outcomes for all your patients.
• Extensively updated chapters acquaint you with the most current trends and techniques in pain management.
• A new section on complications helps you avoid and manage potential pitfalls.
• A new editorial team ensures that you are getting the freshest, most clinically relevant information available today.
• New, full-color art clarifies key concepts and techniques.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.60(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.90(d)
Table of Contents
Part I: General Considerations (H.T. Benzon and J. Rathmell, editors)
1. The History of Pain Medicine, Winston C.V. Parris and Benjamin Johnson
2. Taxonomy and Classification of Chronic Pain Syndromes, Harold Merskey
3. Organizing an Inpatient Acute Pain Management Service, Beth M. Minzter and Alex Cahana
4. Pain Medicine Practice: Development of Outpatient Services for Chronic Pain, David Walega
5. Health Care Policy, Quality Improvement, and Patient Safety in Pain Medicine Practice, Douglas G. Merrill
6. Education, Training, and Certification in Pain Medicine, James P. Rathmell and David L. Brown
Part II. Basic Considerations (D. Turk and C. Argoff, editors)
7. Pain Pathways: Peripheral, Spinal, Ascending, and Descending Pathways, Karin N. Westlund High
8. A Review of Pain-Processing Pharmacology, Tony L. Yaksh
9. Pain and Brain Changes, A.V. Apkarian
Part III. Evaluation and Assessment (C. Argoff and J. Rathmell, editors)
10. History and Physical Examination of the Pain Patient, Irfan Lalani and Charles E. Argoff
11. Electromyography and Evoked Potentials, Bernard M. Abrams and Howard J. Waldman
12. Radiologic Assessment of the Patient with Spine Pain, Timothy P. Maus
13. Psychological and Behavioral Assessment, Alicia Heapy and Robert D. Kerns
Part IV. Clinical Conditions (H.T. Benzon and C. Wu, editors)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >