Mel Rosen has been creating and editing puzzles, puzzle publications, and puzzle software for over 30 years. His work apears in a wide variety of books and periodicals, including the New York Times.
Random House Casual Crosswordsby Mel Rosen (Editor)
• 50 brand-new puzzles with straightforward themes,/i>
No chunky erasers, heavy reference books, or prescription tranquilizers needed here. If you think doing puzzles should be relaxing rather than nerve-racking, if you're a casual solver or even a novice, just grab a pencil and leave the rest to us. Here's what you'll find inside Casual Crosswords:
• 50 brand-new puzzles with straightforward themes, recognizable words, and no gimmicks or wordplay
• Subtitles that help you catch on to the puzzler's themes
• Clues with helpful hint such as 2 words, hyphenated, and abbr.
• A solving tip on every puzzle page that relates specifically to that puzzle—but many of the tips can e applied to all crosswords
• For each puzzle, a freebie—an optional "giveaway" answer printed upside down and on a different page (to remove some of the temptation)
Veteran puzzle editor Mel Rosen has created a relaxing and fun crossword book that will also make you a better solver. By the time you're done, you might even be ready to kick it up a notch.
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews