Rapid Review Laboratory Testing in Clinical Medicine: with STUDENT CONSULT Accessby Edward F. Goljan, Karlis I. Sloka
Get the most from your study time...with this high-yield print and electronic study package! This volume in the "Rapid Review" series - a series that is highly rated in the First Aid rankings - makes it easy for you to master laboratory testing in clinical medicine. An outline format and abundant charts, tables, and diagrams enable you to quickly access important… See more details below
Get the most from your study time...with this high-yield print and electronic study package! This volume in the "Rapid Review" series - a series that is highly rated in the First Aid rankings - makes it easy for you to master laboratory testing in clinical medicine. An outline format and abundant charts, tables, and diagrams enable you to quickly access important information, and 212 review questions - presented in USMLE format - provide crucial self assessment for maximum exam and ward preparation. It's the perfect resource for medical students, residents, or practitioners who are preparing for the USMLEs, certification, or recertification.
- Emphasizes clinically relevant content including disease diagnosis, test selection, and test-altering variables.
- Provides an at-a-glance, outline-format review of all of the information you need to know.
- Makes studying easier with a user-friendly 2-color layout, Hi-Yield Margin Notes, and Key Points.
- Offers 212 USMLE-style review questions inside the book at the end of each chapter, with a full rationale for why every possible answer is right or wrong.
- Each of the 212 questions is available online at www.studentconsult.com - using the Rapid Review Testing Tool, providing detailed feedback on which areas you may need to study more.
Table of ContentsLaboratory Test Interpretation
Purpose of laboratory tests
Sensitivity and specificity
Precision and accuracy
Normal (reference) range
Variables affecting laboratory test results
Electrolytes and acid-base
Body Fluid Analysis
Calculation of Alveolar-arterial gradient
Spirometry and flow volume curves
Complete blood cell count (CBC)
Bone marrow exam
Red blood cell (RBC) disorders
White blood cell (WBC) disorders
B and T cells
Human leukocyte antigens
Blood Bank and Transfusion
ABO and hemolytic disease of newborns
Laboratory Aspects of Cancer
Ectopic hormone syndromes
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >